old stanley garage door opener remote replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an ancient garage door opener made by Stanley and the remote is on last legs. Is there a way to purchase a new remote it says digital and model # 1044. I really dont want to replace opener if I dont have to. I am open to all suggestions.

Check ebay!

Pry it apart and get the FCC ID off the chips; there is a site somewhere you can look that up.

On chamberlain/ sears remotes, the color of the "learn" button is key.

Start at Stanley.garage-door-parts.com.

You need the door head model and serial number to make sure the intended replacement is compatible and correct.

Originally Posted By: raaizin
I have an ancient garage door opener made by Stanley and the remote is on last legs. Is there a way to purchase a new remote it says digital and model # 1044. I really dont want to replace opener if I dont have to. I am open to all suggestions.

You can just pick up one of these at your local Wal-Mart:

Clicker Universal Remote

Simply return it for a refund if it doesn't program correctly. My Clicker actually works better than the OEM remote.

Go on eBay and search "skylink garage." I have an older version. It works very well. It connects directly to the same wires/terminals as the "doorbell" button. My remotes are keychain size and have greater range than the ones that came with the opnener.

universal garage door opener, and does your old opener have a learn button on it ? if so then your set.

Garage door openers in the 80's still had the banks of DIP switches in them. When the OP said "ancient" I figured he meant that type. Yo manually set the remotes to match the "code" you set on the opener.

I think the Skylink devices resolve all those issue.

We bought the house in 1993 and it was ancient then. It is a Stanley 1/3hp. I believe the model is 1800.37. I cleaned the contacts on battery and seems to be working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back