Are Supertech Filter in danger of not being carried at Walmart?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am 99.999% sure that Wal-Mart will be keeping the Super Tech line of filters AND oil for a very long time. They are good products at low prices and with the economy the way it is we need low prices.

I know when they ditched ac delco they marked em down to $1 each. I bought everyone the 3 walmarts near me had, sell em for $3 in the shop. nice tidy profit on a tiny part!

I panicked and picked up 4 of them a couple of months ago. Likely
this board is encouraging enough people to buy them, that they will
continue to stock them. I went to their web site and told them that if
I can't find my part number in anything except Fram, I will buy my
filters elsewhere. I can get Purolators at Advance Auto for about
what I would pay them for Frams.

Is't Supertech the Walmart HOUSE brand? So the question is are they going to eliminate their own house brand? I doubt it.

The shelf space is shrinking because Champion is looking for / finding ways to make fewer filters fit more models. This is why they quit making the 2808 model that my wife's van needs. They replaced it with one that met more cars specs.

No, the question is NOT whether Wally*World will discontinue the SuperTech house brand. The question is whether Wally*World will continue using Champion Labs as the supplier for their house brand filters...

quote:

Originally posted by Ray H:
No, the question is NOT whether Wally*World will discontinue the SuperTech house brand. The question is whether Wally*World will continue using Champion Labs as the supplier for their house brand filters...

Good point Ray. Do we keep cutting them open never knowing when we will find a Fram inside? Do I need to be doing a VOA every time I buy Pennzoil since Shell bought them? Who can we trust?

Who to trust is a good question?
And things look suspicious in the Supertech camp.

I was at Wal-Mart today, and noticed that not all the Super tech flters are made the same. I looked at the one for my vehicle, 3593 same as the fram #, and there was no spring visible inside the can. So I looked at some others and it all depended on which filter you looked at on which one's had the visible bypass spring.
dunno.gif

I think I would stay away from the ST's for a while, and see what is up. Less shelve space, more frams? ? Makes you wonder.

I probably all depends on what sells. I know someone who is a die hard Fram person. HE has filters stockpiled to last him years of normal use but he is a fanatic and changes his oil often just becuase he has nothing better to do. He has complained to the automotive manager because he thinks they are going to dump Frams?

With Walmart, its what sells, plain and simple. Each store stocks what they want to stock.
crushedcar.gif

You can always find a Champ or other Champion Labs brand if Wal-Mart drops the house brand, which wouldn't surprise me if they have a higher margin on the Fram.

quote:

Originally posted by day1si:
Who to trust is a good question?
And things look suspicious in the Supertech camp.

I was at Wal-Mart today, and noticed that not all the Super tech flters are made the same. I looked at the one for my vehicle, 3593 same as the fram #, and there was no spring visible inside the can. So I looked at some others and it all depended on which filter you looked at on which one's had the visible bypass spring.
dunno.gif

I think I would stay away from the ST's for a while, and see what is up. Less shelve space, more frams? ? Makes you wonder.

the ph3593a has a bypass system in it, you're not going to see the spring because it's underneath the plastic poppet valve.

Looks like they are being closed out at ONE of our local supercenters (being just 70 miles or so from the world HQ, they're as common as convenience stores around here).

I bought a bunch of ST8A and ST3614 yesterday for $1.47 each. Wish they made filters for Jags. The receipt had the tell-tale "c" after the price ....

Also bought all the Castrol SynBlend 15/40 for $1.35/quart they had, and all the QS SynBlend ATF they had for $1.40/qt. I left behind a bunch of QS 15/40 blend at $1.45/qt, but may go back for it ...

Win Dooley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back