Best year round wiper blades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for you guys opion on what is the best year-round wiper blades? This is for summer, heavy rain, road film and icy/snow type weather. The kind that really helps with visibility. I need a new set.

I love Rain-X blades. The set that I recently used were in service for well over a year through all 4 seasons. Maybe not the cheapest. Maybe not the best. But I'd say I got my money's worth out of them.

Bosch Icon. Take my word for it, I've used them all, I've also gotten 2+ years out of them, the ones on the Ram are just now getting bad at THREE years old!

Another Bosch Icon vote from me. I recently pulled a set off our VUE which had been on there for 3 years of Michigan seasons. They were still performing well.

Whatever came OEM on your vehicle. I'm using OEM blades on both vehicles with good results. They're even cheaper compared to some of the alternatives being mentioned here. Double-check with your dealer, though!

Originally Posted By: sciphi
Whatever came OEM on your vehicle. I'm using OEM blades on both vehicles with good results. They're even cheaper compared to some of the alternatives being mentioned here. Double-check with your dealer, though!

This is very true of Honda blades, in my experience.

I am guessing that with all of the glowing raves for the Icons, that Bosch REALLY IS doing some hard core quality control at the Chinese factories where they are ALL manufactured.

I STILL have a problem paying that kind of premium price for something from Sinoland.
frown.gif

I just put a fresh set of Bosch Micro Edge on all 3 vehicles.
For some reason haven't had great luck with beam style.

Originally Posted By: Errtt
I just put a fresh set of Bosch Micro Edge on all 3 vehicles.
For some reason haven't had great luck with beam style.

I had pretty good luck with the Bosch Micro Edge(when they had EXCEL) as far as lasting many years(3). But, after the first year, they didn't wiped the glass as clean as I'd prefer.

I am having a different issue with Beam Wiper Blades. They clean the glass to my liking but, don't last as long as I'd prefer.

So, I try to buy onsale and replace sooner
smile.gif

Trico or Bosch beam blades. I've used the cheap beam blades and the expensive ones from both companies and did not notice a significant difference in performance or longevity.

I have noticed that beam blades seem to be superior to the old style frame blades, at least in the applications I've used them in.

Last edited:
I gave-up on the high dollar wiper blades because I can't get more than a year out of any of them in the Texas sun/heat. I went back to the cheap Anco standard wiper blades and I replace them more often. I can buy 3 sets of them for the same cost as some of the higher dollar premium wiper blades.

Bosch Icons are the best I've used, but they're very pricy. Rain-X Weatherbeaters also work good and are routinely found on sale. The downside to those is they don't seem to last as long. I'm not impressed with the Rain-X Latitude blades I'm using now. Lots of lift when driving, which causes a lot of missed spots and smearing.

Bosch Icon is the best. However, I have not had a single good experience with lower tier Bosch wipers.

Rain-X Lattitudes are second best.

I would call the Trico beam blades 3rd best. However, they seem to cost the least.

Another vote for Bosch Icons. They are the only wiper I have found that will last more than a year through the sun in the summer and ice in the winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back