2013 6.7 F350 LE 5w40 7500mi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuel dilution is up. I changed over to Delo so it will be interesting to see what numbers change in the next few UOA's
F350E1-E-A-353800-Sev3-001.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dparm
Am I reading that correctly? 5% fuel dilution?

Yes and according to Ford it is within design parameters. LOL

The wear metals don't really look bad, overall. While not stellar, they are not atrocious and not worth complaining about.

That fuel level is absurd; am I reading 6.7%? And Ford calls this normal? That is nuts.

As much as I'm a fan of extending OCIs, this would be one situation I'd not advise it. Rather, I'd look to dino HDEO and have it changed with a frequency that keeps the fuel at a managed level. While is seems to not be negatively affecting things yet, I cannot help but question the long term effect of such operational parameters.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dnewton3
The wear metals don't really look bad, overall. While not stellar, they are not atrocious and not worth complaining about.

That fuel level is absurd; am I reading 6.7%? And Ford calls this normal? That is nuts.

As much as I'm a fan of extending OCIs, this would be one situation I'd not advise it. Rather, I'd look to dino HDEO and have it changed with a frequency that keeps the fuel at a managed level. While is seems to not be negatively affecting things yet, I cannot help but question the long term effect of such operational parameters.

Yup I agree 100%. That is why I have moved to Delo. 5-40 my dad had and did not use this round and 15-40 I got at costco on sale for the rest

BeerCan,

Has your driving changed? (ex. short trips, city stop and go)

6.7% is definitely on the high side. I would seriously look into a H&S MiniMaxx & 5" Exhaust (DPF & EGR Delete). My last UOA before I Deleted my truck, Fuel Dilution got into the 5% range. It now doesn't even have a trace of fuel after 7k mi.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back