Sig Sp2022 vs px4 storm compact

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just entertaining the thought of getting one of these down the road. Which is the better gun and alternative for ccw? Only interested in comparing these two

Love my M9 but for that size i would say go sig or go home
smile.gif

I have a 92fs so the px4 would be very familiar, and the sub compact would fit nicely. However I really like that sig.

Haven't shot either, but as a Beretta owner (and user...shot quite a few M-9s...) I think they build a quality gun. I've shot (but not owned) quite a few Sigs, including the M-11, and they build a quality gun.

Which one fits your hand better? Any chance you can try them out at a range to compare?

Beretta's idea of compact is different from everybody else.

The full size PX4 has the rotating barrel design. The compact does not.

The SP2022 and PX4 compact do not strike me as being very comparable, really.

The SP2022 is a lot less money, and will probably have night sights. Mine is German made, I guess, according to the labels on the case and frame. That's a big deal to some, meh as far as I am concerned. I haven't shot it, but I imagine it shoots OK, about like any other Sig.

The PX4's are made in Maryland, at least mine are. It shoots fine. Ours is a 9mm. Even the compact is too big to CCW, but so is the SP2022.

edit: I know you said only those two, but really, the SP2022 compares better to the full size PX4. Of course the full sixe PX4 has the rotating barrel, so, advantage Beretta, even though it's about $150 to $200 more than the Sig. At least around here.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Win
Beretta's idea of compact is different from everybody else.

The full size PX4 has the rotating barrel design. The compact does not.

The SP2022 and PX4 compact do not strike me as being very comparable, really.

The SP2022 is a lot less money, and will probably have night sights. Mine is German made, I guess, according to the labels on the case and frame. That's a big deal to some, meh as far as I am concerned. I haven't shot it, but I imagine it shoots OK, about like any other Sig.

The PX4's are made in Maryland, at least mine are. It shoots fine. Ours is a 9mm. Even the compact is too big to CCW, but so is the SP2022.

What about the sub compact? And I can get either gun for $479 here.

Haven't seen one.

edit: OK, well that strikes me as a pretty good price for the PX4 - IIRC, the wifes compact was $499 several years ago, and I paid $549 to $599 for the full sizes depending on caliber.

I gave $399 for my SP2022 with night sights, in 9mm, so $479 doesn't sound that good to me for that gun.

Last edited:
I am reading that the Sig goes for rougly 400$ and is mechanically identical to the P226.

It is a "poor man's" P226.

I'd be all over it for ~$400.

Canada is complex for sidearms, so I just don't have the energy for the "red tape".

If I could shoot tin cans with it or easily get a CCW, I'd get one tomorrow.

Originally Posted By: Falken
I am reading that the Sig goes for rougly 400$ and is mechanically identical to the P226.

It is a "poor man's" P226.

I'd be all over it for ~$400.

Canada is complex for sidearms, so I just don't have the energy for the "red tape".

If I could shoot tin cans with it or easily get a CCW, I'd get one tomorrow.

The SP2022 is not mechanically identical to a P226 as far as I am concerned. One is polymer, the other isn't.

We have a whole lot of Sigs because my wife likes them ( for some reason ), including several P226's. Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought of comparing the SP2022 to their higher end guns.

I have a personal bias to Beretta's but, regardless, I think all of these guns being talked about are too big for CCW.

Again, even though OP only wanted to hear about the Sp2022 and PX4 compact, as long as plastic Sigs are being talked about, there is always the P250.

Interchangeable frames, slides and barrels, as one sees fit. And it has a superb DAO trigger, and is usually priced less than the PX4's. The compacts in this line are actually reasonably compact, unlike the Beretta.

Win, you are making me want to get my Restricted license!

The woman would KILL me!!!

Thanks for the offer! But could you post an impressions thread during your break in? Maybe a few pics...
smile.gif

Last edited:
You are welcome, unfortunately, after I thought about, as a foreign national, you would probably be a prohibited person under federal law, although perfectly okay under my states law.

We had a discussion about that in a thread about a year or so ago - it looked to be a pretty complex subject.

Anyway, I've had it for years without firing it, but if I ever get around to it, I'll happily write it up!

It's perfectly legal for a nonresident alien to shoot firearms, but it gets a little complicated when they try to buy one or carry one in their waistband.

Originally Posted By: Win
Again, even though OP only wanted to hear about the Sp2022 and PX4 compact, as long as plastic Sigs are being talked about, there is always the P250.

Interchangeable frames, slides and barrels, as one sees fit. And it has a superb DAO trigger, and is usually priced less than the PX4's. The compacts in this line are actually reasonably compact, unlike the Beretta.

I carry a P250 compact everyday,excellent gun for safe carry. Basically a 15 shot revolver but a better D/A trigger than any revolver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back