Pennzoil dino better than synthetic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all! I was looking at data sheets other day, from some oil companys. I looked at online, pennzoil! The platinums pour point, was 27 degrees C. the ultra was like 44 C, and pennzoil dino.....showed minus 42 C. using 2 different calculator temp converstions, i found minus 42 comes out too 43 degrees F.
Any truth to this? Also noted the dino had like 258 of moly in it!!! many other oils out htier only have half the amount or less. so made me think..thier dino seems too act or perform as a top notch synthetic!
whats everyone think?

Pour point is a very outdated test. There are much better tests to determine how an oil will behave at start up.

Pour point is useless. Look at the VI and NOACK. Also the pp and PU are most likely using Tri nuclear moly which doesn't require as many ppm to get the same effect.

Originally Posted By: ziggy
Hi all! I was looking at data sheets other day, from some oil companys. I looked at online, pennzoil! The platinums pour point, was 27 degrees C. the ultra was like 44 C, and pennzoil dino.....showed minus 42 C. using 2 different calculator temp converstions, i found minus 42 comes out too 43 degrees F.
Any truth to this? Also noted the dino had like 258 of moly in it!!! many other oils out htier only have half the amount or less. so made me think..thier dino seems too act or perform as a top notch synthetic!
whats everyone think?

There are so many errors in this post. You may want to look at your numbers again. Pour point of PP is ~ -42C. -42C is -43F.

Originally Posted By: Boss302fan
PYB may be the best conventional oil... PP and ultra are a step above if you want longer OCI's...

I always used pyb or gtx conventional. It was a toss up for me. Although now I hear on this board that gtx leaves varnish. idk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back