whats your two cents on the best penetrating oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I uses PB Blaster if it doesnt work i usually go to CRC Freeze off and good ole HEAT

Kind of want to try something new,Whats your choice?

I still have most of a case of PB Blaster they sent me for free for pointing out an error on their label. I have CRC Freeze Off but have not tried it.

I need to get some black iron pipe off my propane generator so I may be using some of these products soon.

My Dad at times would connect his carbon arc torch to his welder and put the carbon rods directly on the surface you want to expand with heat. You make that surface be the conductor for the electricity. It heats up quickly and the rust insulates it from the inner surface you do not want to expand.

Originally Posted By: lewdwig
Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
AeroKroil.

+1

Add another, was a big proponent of PB Blaster and still use it for some purposes

I read somewhere a while ago, some test against all of the penetrating oils and I believe liquid wrench came out on top. I use either that or PB Blaster.

Used them all . Depends what you are using it for. My ratings for nuts and screws
1)90% trans fluid + 10% acetone - for soaking old parts
2) p.b. blaster- the smelly one
3) kroil- old outboards - aluminum
4) zep
5) liquid wrench- for plumbing parts - soft metals
6) break away
7) deep creep- hard to get too bolts
8) crc - oil
9) wd-80
I keep a gallon of p.b. nearby and fill a 12 ounce spray bottle with it. Works much better and cheaper than spray cans .

Originally Posted By: Trav
AeroKroil.

+3

+4

Cheap and easy to find: Liquid Wrench original formula or Permatex Fast Break.

One more vote for AeroKroil. Be careful with it until you're used to it. Splatter can cause things you didn't want loose to loosen.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Cardenio327
Originally Posted By: Trav
AeroKroil.

+3

+4

Cheap and easy to find: Liquid Wrench original formula or Permatex Fast Break.

Add me to the AeroKroil crowd. It's the absolute best stuff I've used for stuck bolts. Impact wrench in a can.

I have in the garage
pb blaster
liquid wrench
kroil..

kroil is the best AND smelliest.

Haven't tried many but Seafoam deep creep really does 'creep'. Has worked well.
Also have CRC freeze-off and it worked great on exhaust flange bolts.
AeroKroil is like 12 bucks here at Napa IIRC.

Well I do not seem to have much luckwith penetrating oils. A torch seems to work best for expanding and then a little pounding with a hammer and a good impact wrench. And still have sheared bolts and the like.

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
liquid wrench smells to much

Liquid wrench has a second formula available called L2 that smells less, I guess to compete with WD40.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back