Motorkote fuel additive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw this product at the flying j while paying for fuel. Has anyone tried it out? Experiences If you have no experience with the product save your time and effort and don't bother posting. If anyone has is the product what did you think of it did it help mileage or do anything for you.
Save the snake oil remarks.

Thank you

I added a cup to my SL2 7500 miles ago. If it helps efficiency it is not significant. I even put a little in the tranny. No problems to report.

Originally Posted By: Clevy
If anyone has is the product what did you think of it did it help mileage or do anything for you.
Save the snake oil remarks.

You're asking people to only tell you it works then.

I'm looking for comments on whether anyone has experience with the product. Not looking for derogatory remarks or snake oil this and that.
If a person has experience with it then that's the comment I'm searching for.
I've never seen it before and this site has alot of members who try different products. I looking for a member that has experienced the product in their tank and did it have any effect on fuel consumption.

The instructions say it doesn't need to be added to every tank. I'm assuming that means the active ingredients stick around for awhile n
What kind of compound can do that?

My bad, I read the thread wrong. This is a new product for the fuel? I have Motorkote for the sump. I did not know about the UCL Motorkote.

For an incredible hoot check out the Motorkote website @ www.motorkote.com, click on '100 plus uses' and note #176: "frees stuck together vehicles from a crash" and #178: "keeps squirrels off bird feeders".

There are many other entertaining examples of what this marvelous product is capable of.

the motor oil additive is 100% snake oil so I'd be wary of any of their products

If that stuff can keep squirrels off of bird feeders then I need to get a gallon. Those darned pesky squirrels!

When I was running the roads doing expediting, a buddy of mine used MK a lot. He never had an engine failure, but I cant tell you it did any good, it did take his money and relaxed his mind.

We both used 2 cycle oil in our gas by the gallons over a year and never blew an engine because of it. It did keep the plugs nice and clean after a 100k miles and no rough running engine or a whinning fuel-pump.

I have gone back to using Havoline 10w30 and a pint of mmo to the oil and no problems on a 2005 Buick v6. I still put 2 cycle-oil in the tank, 1 oz to 5 gallons of gas. My mind feels better and my wallet is lighter...................as usual.

Originally Posted By: CourierDriver
When I was running the roads doing expediting, a buddy of mine used MK a lot. He never had an engine failure, but I cant tell you it did any good, it did take his money and relaxed his mind.

We both used 2 cycle oil in our gas by the gallons over a year and never blew an engine because of it. It did keep the plugs nice and clean after a 100k miles and no rough running engine or a whinning fuel-pump.

I have gone back to using Havoline 10w30 and a pint of mmo to the oil and no problems on a 2005 Buick v6. I still put 2 cycle-oil in the tank, 1 oz to 5 gallons of gas. My mind feels better and my wallet is lighter...................as usual.

In over five decades of vehicle ownership, I have experienced exactly the same mechanical results with NO fuel/oil additives. There is one difference however, i.e. my wallet is heavier.

Originally Posted By: Hallmark
For an incredible hoot check out the Motorkote website @ www.motorkote.com, click on '100 plus uses' and note #176: "frees stuck together vehicles from a crash" and #176: "keeps squirrels off bird feeders".

There are many other entertaining examples of what this marvelous product is capable of.

Gotta love these "testimonials."

Originally Posted By: Hallmark
Originally Posted By: CourierDriver

In over five decades of vehicle ownership, I have experienced exactly the same mechanical results with NO fuel/oil additives. There is one difference however, i.e. my wallet is heavier.
amen to that,,send me money,,lol

Originally Posted By: Rand
the motor oil additive is 100% snake oil so I'd be wary of any of their products

Is there anything to back up that it's snake oil? I'm not doubting you I just like facts.

Originally Posted By: dixon700

Is there anything to back up that it's snake oil? I'm not doubting you I just like facts.

Old thread. As far as the oil treatment we've got voa that stated is a non additized ester iirc.
As far as the fuel treatment I bought some a while back when I started the thread. I can't say if it helped fuel consumption consistently however I did get 20 +mpg in a non mds hemi,so I'd call it helpful.
The oil stuff isn't worth the cost though,just to dilute the oils add pack.

Originally Posted By: Clevy
Originally Posted By: dixon700

Old thread. As far as the oil treatment we've got voa that stated is a non additized ester iirc.
As far as the fuel treatment I bought some a while back when I started the thread. I can't say if it helped fuel consumption consistently however I did get 20 +mpg in a non mds hemi,so I'd call it helpful.
The oil stuff isn't worth the cost though,just to dilute the o
ils add pack.

Ok so its just an ester oil nothing else? No space age friction reducers that the metal absorbs like they claim?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back