Your thoughts on Valvoline White Bottle

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was a big Valvoline wb fan for no particular reason other than I had no engine oil issues in the 90's. In the early 2000's i sent off for a few uoa on a modded VW GTIVR6 using VWB and it always came back with great results (7k mile oci). When the US market began importing the WRX and Evolutions, I began using various synthetics in my Evo8. Recently, with conventional oils improving so much, I have come back to VWB (after much internal debate and over thinking synthetics vs conventional) as it actually exceeds the requirements for my current, stock, turbo application. As long as it meets manufacturer requirements, I will us it and sleep well.

PYB and Mobil Super 5k aint bad either.

Last edited:
Since you've resurected this thread, I'll jump on board!
I just picked up 3-5qt Jugs of VWB from Wal*Mart for(after tax & $5 off coupon)...$12.25/5 qt Jug.

I hadn't used VWB is a while but, this was a pretty good deal considernig where oil prices are today. I'm trying to rebuild my oil stash. I have purchaced other oils & filters recently in this attempt of rebuilding this stash.

I don't not like VWB but, I have always used oils that are a better value for their add pkg/price!

VWB & GTX are two oils that I use the least for that reason. But, I will use them now & again!

As it has been described many...many times on BITOG, the add pkg in VOA is just 'good', BUT the UOA's are Very Impressive.

Funny this was brought up. I was just at my Wal-Mart on Saturday, and noticed the VWB bottles have an American Flag on them with the words....Made in America.
grin.gif

I saw that also. Though I thought it was something about being an american company.

I have always used valvoline or napa oil. Never had a problem that was caused by the oil so never had any reason to try anything else.

Originally Posted By: awol350
junk complete junk id rather put PBR in my engine or Vaseline

LMAO!

Originally Posted By: lexus114
Funny this was brought up. I was just at my Wal-Mart on Saturday, and noticed the VWB bottles have an American Flag on them with the words....Made in America.
grin.gif

I noticed that as well. All the newest Castrol 5 quart jugs also have pink caps.

grin.gif

Does that mean the crude oil it's made from comes out of American soil ?

It's a good oil, I've used it about 90% of the time over the past 16 years. With no issues what so ever. The only time I have used anything else was when I saw a deal to good to pass up, like when MS5K was on sale for $12.97 at wal mart.

grin.gif

It says American owned and operated.

Originally Posted By: Texican
grin.gif

It says American owned and operated.

Your right, That is what it say`s. Me bad

Great oil.

My only complaint is that the additive package can make it tough to detect a coolant leak from a UOA.

Originally Posted By: pscholte
My thoughts on the white bottle are that it actually should be red, white and blue.

Maxlife-red
White bottle-white
Durablend-blue

11.gif

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Originally Posted By: pscholte
My thoughts on the white bottle are that it actually should be red, white and blue.

Maxlife-red
White bottle-white
Durablend-blue

11.gif

thumbsup2.gif

I think we all get hung up on brand loyalty. Me - I'm big on Mobil. Not sure why, but since I started using Mobil 1 I've consistently bought that more than any other brand. I tinkered with Pennzoil once with a couple of cases, but I went back to Mobil. I get it at a good price and I don't doubt that they make a decent product.

Now there was the time I wanted to try everything when I help my folks with one of their cars. They were happy that I was shelling out the money and they didn't have to spend time taking it somewhere. I think I tried every commonly available conventional 10W-30 out there and then some. I used Mobil, Havoline (SOPUS labelled), Valvoline, Kendall GT-1, Pennzoil, Formula Shell, Chevron, Quaker State, Castrol GTX, and even TropArtic 10W-30 semi-syn I got at Dollar Tree.

This morning I drop the Santa Fe Sport at the dealer so they can replace the SD chip in the navigation. Because this chip took over a week to get here, they thought they would do me a 'favor' by replacing the oil (that only had 800 miles on it). When I look at the reciept.... 'hoil oil 5w20'
mad.gif
#1. What is hoil oil? #2. 5w30 or 10w30 is spec. I thanked them but advised the manager that I should have been asked first and recapped the spec. He apologized and no harm no fowl since i paid nothing, but what if I didnt read the receipt?

I left and took my car elsewhere for a fill of Mobil Super 5000 and a PureOne L14459 filter since Valvoline Quick Lube wasnt open yet. Along with VWB, MS5K is a favorite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back