why people hate ford?

Status
Not open for further replies.
my boss saw me checking 2014 taurus
He said never buy ford. He said he owned 2 tauruses before and now owns toyotas.

Another collegue chimed in and echoed same opinion towards american car brands. He owns a subaru outback.

what's wrong with american cars? I own a used mercury sable and need replacing it.

Last edited:
Only thing I know about American cars is that they're not made of American made parts. Were they ever? Are the foreign parts on US cars a *new* thing??

I don't hate all Fords-just NEWER ones, combined with that "stealership" experience! To be blunt, I've had bad experiences with other makes' warranty service too-it's just that the Ford stuff seems worse to work on.

Nothing, people like to get all hot and bothered when they have one problem with a specific brand and LOVE to get on the "American isn't good" bandwagon.

Certain things fail on certain cars, certain models of cars sometimes aren't too great.

I think the domestics are putting out very competitive cars these days, which is good... it keeps all of the manufacturers from slacking.

Many used to rag on the 1996-2007 Tauruses, but then those who were the complainers were the ones driving them without giving maintenance a thought.

Last edited:
Not a darn thing wrong with them . Some people are brand loyal and ignorant . They base their opinion on the fact they had a good or bad experience with a certain make which can be any make . Most people who complain are hard on their vehicles and likely shy on maintenance .

As you can see we are a Ford family (minus the 97 GMC which sees little use) , my oldest son has a 2011 Taurus SEL and loves it , my youngest a 2011 F150 Eco Boost , 2013 loaded Explorer W/ 2.0 Eco Boost and a 2005 Focus ZX5 he got recently for a beater/gas miser to commute in .

There's nothing wrong with American cars, your friends are misinformed and probably slightly brainwashed.

Some people - some.

I loved my '05 Focus ST, but had some electrical issues. A buddy of mine had issues with his early Focus 2.0L, and hated it so much that he traded it...for a Fusion. He likes the Fusion.

I had the Escape 2.0T as a rental for a week+ and absolutely loved it. It handled like a Focus, had plenty of practicality, and returned competitive MPG's. I'd consider another American car, though I'll admit that I'm likely to buy something Japanese next time, too.

Last edited:
I personally never owned a Ford,but everyone I know who has,has had nothing but lemons. Growing up my family only owned GM. Then I come along and have only owned Japanese with the exception of an Oldsmobile,which I LOVED!! GM screwed up big time when they discontinued Olds.

I'm sticking with Japanese for life.

My problem with ford is the look of the new escape...looks like some cartoonish thing come to real life!

I love my 2011 taurus...it was a rental so it lacks the high tech gadgetry of many cars but that's ok for me. It drives fantastic and gets decent fuel economy for the size and weight. Feels very solid.

I've always had f150's before this

my boss specifically mentions the transmission problems of his tauruses. He mentioned F150 is the only ford he would buy.

I liked my mercury sable but I was good at maintaining it especially the transmission. Initially decided to buy a new ford taurus, now I have to rethink about it..

I am also curious how media had an influence on public's opinion towards American vs Japan cars.

I tend to have the impression that US cars are sturdier and safer.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
I personally never owned a Ford,but everyone I know who has,has had nothing but lemons.

30096.gif

I proudly own a 2008 F-150 Crew Cab & a 2011 Crown Victoria! Both of these extremely reliable, tough vehicles will still be running strong long after many imports will be dead in their tracks!

Originally Posted By: taurus_sable
my boss specifically mentions the transmission problems of his tauruses.

The AX4N had some transmission issues, with that said I've seen many people [censored] and moan about Ford when their AX4N takes a dump at 120K+ only to find out the transmission had never been serviced.

Pretty much every manufacturer has turned out a handful of trouble prone automatic transmission designs over their history, Honda is well known for some horrific automatics from the early-mid 2000s. You should tell your boss to avoid all Honda products and deride all prospective Honda customers as well; you know, since they produced a horrible automatic in the last decade.

Might as well nix Toyota as well, since the 3VZ-E and 5VZ-FE had head gasket issues, and let's not forget the rash of sludgers, I guess that means all of their products must be junk forevermore.

Originally Posted By: Ben99GT
I personally never owned a Ford,but everyone I know who has,has had nothing but lemons.

30096.gif

No disrespect to current Ford owners (gf has an 07 V6 Mustang that's been GREAT!!),but my best friends Fords:

Brand new Focus,engine and tranny both fell to pieces,replaced under warranty.

Brand new 07 V6 Mustang,rear diff fell off on the interstate,replaced under warranty.

His wife's brand new Escape,engine fell to pieces,replaced under warranty.

BUT,I wouldn't hesitate to buy a V8 Mustang. They're one of my favorite cars,as are Lincoln Marks and Town Cars.

The AX4N had some transmission issues, with that said I've seen many people [censored] and moan about Ford when their AX4N takes a dump at 120K+ only to find out the transmission had never been serviced.

^^ This x 100

I took an AX4S (allegedly worse than the AX4N) to 175K with regular fluid changes. Still shifted great when it was sold.

The AX4N had some transmission issues, with that said I've seen many people [censored] and moan about Ford when their AX4N takes a dump at 120K+ only to find out the transmission has never been serviced.

Pretty much every manufacturer has turned out a handful of trouble prone automatic transmission designs over their history, Honda is well known for some horrific automatics from the early-mid 2000s.

But ask those people and they will say Hondas are the best cars ever even after the trans goes twice before the warranty is over
crazy.gif
My experience is everyone i know with a Japanese car has problems. I traded my 2011 camry after a trans failure at 15k, my mothers 2012 Accords trans just failed at 10k.(bad 3-4 shift flare) Before that she leased a civic which the dealer took back and gave her a good deal on her current Accord after so many problems (cant remember the problems id have to ask) Already said she wont be buying one ever again.

Last edited:
yeah, fords are SOO awful...here's a listing of the cars my family has purchased since 98:
Mom:
99 Ford Taurus(98-11)
09 Ford Taurus(11+)
Dad:
03 Hyundai SantaFe(03-04)
03 GMC Safari (04-07)
05 Ford Freestyle (07-13)
12 Ford Explorer (13+)
Brother:
98 Ford Mustang GT(98+)
00 Dodge Ram 1500 (00-08)
05 Dodge Neon (06-10)
07 Dodge Dakota (08+)
06 Ford Mustang GT (10+)
13 Dodge Challenger (13+)
Sister:
02 Ford Windstar (03+)
08 Dodge GrandCaravan (10+)
94 Dodge Dakota (09+)
05 Ford Freestyle (13+)
Me:
00 Hyundai Sonata (01-10)
05 Dodge Neon (10+)
Uncle 1:
03 Ford Freestar (03-07)
06 Ford Freestlye (07+)
Uncle 2:
06 Lincoln Zephyr (06+)
09 Hyundai Tuscon (09-12)
11 Lincoln MKX (12+)

So out of 21 cars (only Counting the 05 neon, and 05 Freestyle once, though listed twice - sold within family)
we have:
11 Ford products
6 Dodge
3 Hyundai
1 GMC

Last edited:

30096.gif

+2, my first car was a 91 ford ranger, I didn't take care of it and beat the living [censored] out of it maybe two oil changes the 2+ years i owned it.. (I WAS YOUNG OK?) that things exhaust system had completely rusted off and the powersteering leaked like nothing i've ever seen.. but the engine purrred like a kitten.. with over 210k miles on it.. I sold it.. and the guy I sold it
to.. ALSO sold it, hard telling if its still out there running somewhere..

My family has always been mainly ford users, They have never had any trouble with any of them.

Me I prefer Asian makes, My favorite domestic is Ford, I strongly dislike GM(except there Saturn line) Dodge, and any English or German cars.

And as much as I love my saturn, they come with a lot of inherent problems too(can anyone say OIL BURNER!)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back