G-Oil / 5W30 , 10642 miles oil, Chev HHR 62990 mi

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the newer formulation of G-Oil. I think it did pretty good.

Code:
Date Sampled 9/1/2013

Miles on Unit 62990

Miles on Oil 10642

Oil Brand G-Oil

Oil Grade SAE 5W30

Metals (ppm)

Iron (Fe) 9

Chromium (Cr)
Lead (Pb)
Copper (Cu) 1

Tin (Sn)
Aluminum (Al) 5

Nickel (Ni)
Silver (Ag)
Titanium (Ti)
Vanadium (V)

Contaminants (ppm)

Silicon (Si) 8

Sodium (Na) 5

Potassium (K)
Water (%)
Coolant No

Additives (ppm)

Magnesium (Mg) 9

Calcium (Ca) 3580

Barium (Ba)
Phosphorus (P) 732

Zinc (Zn) 867

Molybdenum (Mo) 112

Boron (B) 37

Physical Tests

Viscosity (cSt 100C) 10.1

Base Number (mgKOH/g) 2.8

I would disagree that this UOA is pretty good. I'd say it's EXCELLENT!
13.gif

Originally Posted By: satinsilver
13.gif

thumbsup2.gif
I agree!

Is this the 2.2 and was it changed based on the OLM?

Originally Posted By: cp3
Originally Posted By: satinsilver
13.gif

thumbsup2.gif
I agree!

Is this the 2.2 and was it changed based on the OLM?

This is the 2.2 (2009) and I changed the oil with the OLM at 6%. I have another posted UOA using Formula Shell in this same car and I have to change that oil when the OLM is at around 18% because at that point the TBN starts getting low (1.3).

I got 5 gallons of this lube (the SN formula) FAR and seeing this UOA makes me feel a little better about actually using it...

There were some other UOAs from another member's 2.2 on Formula Shell that were really good IIRC but not the full length of the OLM either. Good engines.

I'm with chubbs, seems like good stuff. Wish I could get it up here.

Originally Posted By: BobThe
Originally Posted By: MrQuackers
G-Oil News

I just went here to see where I could find their oil since WAL-MART stopped caring their products:
http://www.getg.com/locations/index.php#
The result:
There are no stores within 2000 miles of: 46038
And that was selecting any of their products.

I wander why Walmart pulled a plug. You would think that with all the rebates, there was enough volume to register by walmart?

Originally Posted By: friendly_jacek
G-Oil News

I just went here to see where I could find their oil since WAL-MART stopped caring their products:
The result:

I wander why Walmart pulled a plug. You would think that with all the rebates, there was enough volume to register by walmart?

Good question, I've wondered the same. The WM near me has some G-Oil single quarts on clearance but they haven't moved since they won't go below $5/qt.

It looks like GET finally got the TBN piece right.
Too bad you can't find the stuff anymore.
I doubt that you'd see a better 10K UOA of any oil than you have with this one of G-Oil.

Amazon carries the conv and the syn oils but its pricey! I got 5600 on my oci right now with 5w30 syn. I may do a UOA on nov 1st for my next change.

Originally Posted By: andrewp1998
is this the synthetic?

Yes, I believe it is a group V ester based synthetic. And the new formulation seems to be excellent. The oil's TBN holds out a lot longer and the oil is much more shear stable than the previous version. It is a really sad thing that they seem to have nailed it (the formulation), just in time to be taken off the shelves...

yah, amazon has it but its pricey. I should do a uoa on mine.. I got 5700 on it . Will go till nov 1 so will be about 6500 on the oci..

Thanks!

Sadly you can't buy it any more at Wal-Mart. Realistically, an average consumer will not buy a G-Oil when Mobil 1 is on the same shelf next to it. The only way for this oil to become mainstream, is if a major lubrication company bought them and then added G-Oil's old product as its own line..

G-Oil News

The result:

GET has recently revised their website. Their locater is not doing a good job of filtering based on my zip code. I no longer find a page devoted to rebates and special offers.

They have changed the bottles to reflect that G-Oil is the official motor oil of the 2014 Daytona 500.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back