AC filters...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in Advance Auto today to pick up some cleaner and as I was going by the oil filter shelf I decided to take a look at the AC filters. I opened several boxes and sure enough, these filters are definitely NOT made by Champion. The spot welds on the baseplate told me right away these were not Champion filters. I'm not sure if Wix uses spot welds or not, it's been so long since I looked at a Wix filter. I suppose these AC filters could be made by Delphi, the OEM arm of GM that makes the AC filters that are put on engines at the factory.

As an aside, the AC filters I looked at the last time I was in AutoZone definitely were made by Champion.

Awhile back, the Kmart AC filters were Delphi and the Walmart AC filters were Champion- I liked the Walmart ones better for the most part

Who makes the AC delco filters sold at Canadian Walmarts? They say made in Canada on them. The part numbers are followed by a C. Hank

[ February 03, 2003, 09:10 PM: Message edited by: Hankster ]

I was at Pep Boys yesterday, and checked the Delco PF44s. They are the same as OEM filters from the dealers. So I got 3 for $3.99 each.

Leo

[ February 04, 2003, 12:27 AM: Message edited by: pedaltothemetal ]

quote:

Originally posted by Hankster:
Who makes the AC delco filters sold at Canadian Walmarts? They say made in Canada on them. The part numbers are followed by a C. Hank

These are made in Cambridge by Dana, who also makes Wix. I suspect the CDN AC Delcos are better than the US ones, the AC Delco catalog up here even claims these filters use synthetic media! Not bad for $3 to $5!

Sorry to bring up an old topic. I just bought two AC delco pf 59s this week. One has the spot welds but the other is a design that I have not seen on a delco so far. I bought it a auto zone. It has a convex base plate, crimps holding the gasket in place with the letter "G" stamped on the base plate. The Bosch filter looked the same but then I picked up a mobil ! filter and the base plate looked way different, with a much flatter base plate. Does anyone know who might have made this delco.
Bub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back