Drove around for 2+ hours freeway, ITUs

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the Blazer Had three or four times of SES light on, then came off. It seemed to come on a minute after I did WOT ITUs. Then turned off either a minute to about 10 minutes later.

Could it be that missing bolt? And how good wa it that I got the engine good and HOT today? (AFTER I put in a quart of oil.)

I don't know if this has a secondary cooling system like my wifes car or not. We had a similar priloblem but it happened after we got the car to idle. Didn't turn on a CEL. The e-mail from On Star notified us of a problem. Turns out there is an extra coolant pump that comes on under severe stress or after a very hot motor is shut down. It is designed to pump coolant even after the car is shut down or if the standard cooling system just isn't cutting it. That pump was dying.

Last edited:
Always best to go out and beat your car full throttle when you know you have significant repairs/issues to make

If this was my only transportation I would be babying it until I can get the time/money to address.

But that's me

Originally Posted By: cmorr
Always best to go out and beat your car full throttle when you know you have significant repairs/issues to make

If this was my only transportation I would be babying it until I can get the time/money to address.

But that's me

Yeah, but it makes for good entertainment.

It's always
36.gif
time when I visit your threads. Thanky
laugh.gif

Um, yeah, just try not to do that for a while. Once you get other problems sorted out that can be addressed. There's no need to burn a hole in a piston or explode the distributor or the tranny right now. You can always do that later.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
You need to hook a code reader to it and pull the code when it happens.

Or find a paper clip and use the directions in the other CEL thread to read the codes. You're killing us with the suspense here!

Originally Posted By: Rhymingmechanic
Or find a paper clip and use the directions in the other CEL thread to read the codes.

He still hasn't done that yet?????? That should have been done, like, immediately.

If he doesn't have a paper clip handy he can just Paypal me 46 cents and I'll throw one in the mail.

Originally Posted By: css9450
If he doesn't have a paper clip handy he can just Paypal me 46 cents

FORTY-SIX CENTS! What a ripoff! What kind of pirate are you, anyway?

and I'll throw one in the mail.

For that price it had better be inside an envelope.

Originally Posted By: Tegger

and I'll throw one in the mail.

For that price it had better be inside an envelope.

It would probably cost more than just driving to the store, since the Post Office would probably lose it and he'd have to send it again.
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: Brule
In two more years technologs will have more posts than eljefino

Scary eh? LOL! And that includes the fact that he was on "vacation" for the last while.....
crazy2.gif

Originally Posted By: Tegger
If he doesn't have a paper clip handy he can just Paypal me 46 cents

FORTY-SIX CENTS! What a ripoff! What kind of pirate are you, anyway?

46 cents is the price of a postage stamp. The clip is free.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Rhymingmechanic
Or find a paper clip and use the directions in the other CEL thread to read the codes.

He still hasn't done that yet?????? That should have been done, like, immediately.

If he doesn't have a paper clip handy he can just Paypal me 46 cents and I'll throw one in the mail.

The codes dont SET.

Mr+T_I+pity+the+fool.jpg

Originally Posted By: TechnoLoGs

The codes dont SET.

Sure they do. When the code sets the light turns on. When the code resets the light turns off. The trick is to safely get off the road and read the code before the light turns off. If the light turns off too fast you need a helper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back