what to do in Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have decide to take a week vacation to miami. Itll be late december into january. What should we visit while there? I dont mind driving a little to see stuff. Anything car related to see, nice restaurants, historic stuff and beaches and whatever else. Thanks guys.

Drive down to Key West. Key West itself isn't all that, but the drive is nice.

There is Ernest Hemingway Museum in Key West. Otherwise, if you like bar hopping, you can do that all night in Key West.

Fly to Cuba and visit Havana, it will be more fun.

Why visit the Hemingway Museum when you can have drinks at Floridita, than take a cab to his Yacht club, than a ride to his old house.

Tracy%2C_Hemingway_in_Havana.jpg

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Drive down to Key West. Key West itself isn't all that, but the drive is nice.

+1 eat lots of gulf shrimp.

I'm not enamored with Miami. I'd rather visit almost any other location. Miami certainly is not what it used to be.

West palm beach, Boca, Ft lauderdale and Miami have merged into a huge metropolitan area with very little to offer in the way of sights to see and worthwhile things to do.

I live just north of west palm, and own am airplane for the sole reason of getting away from the sprawl, the noise, the crime and the congestion.

I'm currently visiting the Northern California coastal area, and it's wonderful.

I forgot to add that if you do visit Florida, a trip to NASA is worthwhile. They have a Saturn V on display inside and it's stunning (that one item make the drive worthwhile) . Plus a number of very high resolution "space" movies about the ISS and Shuttle. And, of course, plenty of actual hardware to check out. From lunar rovers, to engines, various rockets, a shuttle and so on.

^^^If you've never been, the first ride to the VAB will really open your eyes.

My first visit years ago my brain felt like the bus was ready to hit the side of the building and the guy comes on the PA and says "we are about 5 miles away from the Vehicle Assembly Building..."!!!

It was awesome, definitely worth the trip. Those Saturn V's make the Space Shuttle look like cheap fireworks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back