Thinking rod knock, flex plate and/or TC, you say

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
You know you can verify excessive back-pressure at the pre-cat O2 bungs with a gauge right?

Would be my first time with one but I had forgotten it could be measured, I appreciate the reminder!

Here was my loose negative battery connection, and the new bolts that solved the issue. (Washer/nut) No more loose connection. I double-checked. It should be seated correctly now, the threads..

It was like this when I was driving yesterday:
1273973_558537887546095_356848173_o.jpg

Different angle:
1270142_558537900879427_226909580_o.jpg

^^^ Was not flush/tight.

So, I took my new/back-up terminal...

1278047_558537930879424_1395204790_o.jpg

... and got it to proper tightness.

Here was the incorrect "lock nut" keeping it loose. It is now gone, and off of there.

1265516_558537910879426_1006613122_o.jpg

I also changed the oil filter to my new Purolator L24011 and checked coolant level/opened radiator cap cold. Maybe it never got topped up from the half-@$$ install and that explained some of the minor fluxuations/steaming from VC with butchered exhaust yesterday.. and that fan on lowered temp: Slight low coolant level? Was Dexcool anyways.. May be my cue to flush, and refill with green. (Yes, the install was done that fast. No, this engine has no leaks. No, it doesnt.)

Today should be another good day of progress. And the hollow noise is back cold. Is hollow, not sharp and cracky like the other video I put up of a rod knock, on page 6 or somewhere, of the previous engine. I hear a difference.

Got the flush and water in there now. Old coolant/water was brown and NASTY! I have it in a jug.

Noise quiets when engine warms.

I am also going to attempt to remove a quart of ATF, I checked the level hot and it appears a quart overfull, not between the circles. Engine oil level is fine. (Siphon through dipstick attempt, but I think there is a baffle to stop us from doing this.)

Last edited:
And I need to find where this hose goes ? Thinking its transmission vacuum, but it is the Hose To Nowhere. Where does it go? 93 S10 Blazer

Origination point:
1273528_558612790871938_1953227835_o.jpg

1274429_558612814205269_604356606_o.jpg

Then:

It comes up by radiator..

1236288_558612834205267_20486869_n.jpg

Then ?????????

1277999_558612874205263_619739977_o.jpg
1239082_558612914205259_320354719_o.jpg

Your hose to nowhere could be an axle vent, I guess. Hard following it through your pics.

Or maybe someone converted the PCV system to "road draft".

Originally Posted By: eljefino
Your hose to nowhere could be an axle vent, I guess. Hard following it through your pics.

Or maybe someone converted the PCV system to "road draft".

It appears to come out of the front axle/differential as in the first two pics. Seems to be a ver long hose, seems ot also be the size of the PCV tubes. I cannot find an end destination and I at one time had it forced into a hose it wasnt supposed ot be forced into, on Engine #1. It ran well but that engine died due to other reasons.

I wish it was PCV "road vent." It almost seems like vacuum for the trans. And I am thinking of reasons why my engine may "surge" sometimes.

I also appear to have a broken spark plug wire.

I may need new wires and AC Delco CR43TS plugs. (I memorized that number for the spark plug.) I just hope that isnt too much at a shop, since at least two cylinders are jammed behind steering shaft.. Don't have the money to take it all apart, do exhaust, just the necessities, what I can do.. can likely change wires myself..

Here is a pic.

How suspect is this, as to surging/not running well 20% or so of the time? Does not affect noise that I am increasingly thinking is exhaust. (Also, spark plugs in are of unknown type/age/condition, as are wires.)

933981_558692887530595_613990434_n.jpg

1208807_558693147530569_1907413780_n.jpg

578483_558693380863879_1416799494_n.jpg

The spark plugs behind the steering column shaft aren't that big of a deal once you take the wheel off. There will be enough give in the shaft to get at least one of them out using a long extension. If the other one is still a chore you can put a jack under the oil pan and raise it up just a smidgeon. If you haven't got a suitable jack, the next option is to use an open-end wrench instead of ratchet and extension on that plug. If you bought a simple, cheap 5/8" spark plug socket it will likely have an 11/16" (or is it 13/16"?) hex on the back end so you can use a wrench in this sort of situation.

The time-consuming (and thus expensive) part is properly routing the wires. By now they may already be routed other than as designed. If so you just want to be sure they stay in place, don't touch any metal or anything oily or anything than moves, and none of them are close to the knock sensor wire. Liberal use of split loom and zip ties may be in order.

Those plug wires don't look great.

Wait for a dark night then start it up and mist the wires with a plant mister. If you see sparks then you know they're leaking.

Yes.

Also. Exhaust pipe under truck is steaming. There only. Super hot?

I suspect blockage of exhaust.

Gonna Seafoam via brake booster.

Take a breather...

Get it on stock plugs, stock wires, dino oil, and leave it alone...

You're starting the chemical torture. This didn't work out well for you before.

I gave engine full warmed, many ITU accel blasts. I will let it suc* up about half of the can and then almost stall the engine with the last half of the can. Then I will let the still hot engine fit for a good hour and then fire it up and then blow out all the smoke, maybe drive another 20 minutes of varying bridal and call it a day having purchased the plugs and wires.

Originally Posted By: TechnoLoGs

Gonna Seafoam via brake booster.

After all these months as a member on this forum, do you really think you can do that and look yourself in the mirror the next morning?

Dude, leave it the heck alone, you are going to kill the third vehicle you've had access to (I'm hesitant to use the word "owned" here) since joining this board. That's a horrific track record.

Do what needs being done. Plugs, wires....etc.

You are going to "fix it to death". AGAIN.

Take a breather...

.U I 4 shore am not doing club or wires today but is not seafoam designed for this very thing of exhaust and exhaust valves cleaning?

It probably got something wet on it dude, perhaps oil? Exhaust gets hot, that's normal.

Maybe the engine from a junk yard has seepage from valve cover gaskets?

Take a breather...

.U I 4 shore am not doing club or wires today but is not seafoam designed for this very thing of exhaust and exhaust valves cleaning?

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You don't even know if any of that stuff needs cleaning!!! STOP WASTING YOUR (VERY LIMITED) MONEY!!!!

Buy the things it NEEDS, not the things you WANT!!! GOOD GOD MAN!

Dude, leave it the heck alone, you are going to kill the third vehicle you've had access to (I'm hesitant to use the word "owned" here) since joining this board. That's a horrific track record.

Do what needs being done. Plugs, wires....etc.

You are going to "fix it to death". AGAIN.

OK! I won't Seafoam it.

dish dude and yourself are right I can admit

Originally Posted By: yonyon
It probably got something wet on it dude, perhaps oil? Exhaust gets hot, that's normal.

Maybe the engine from a junk yard has seepage from valve cover gaskets?

Yup, or some oil was slopped on it when he changed the oil and put in the 10w-40 SuperTech?

Take a breather...

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You don't even know if any of that stuff needs cleaning!!! STOP WASTING YOUR (VERY LIMITED) MONEY!!!!

Buy the things it NEEDS, not the things you WANT!!! GOOD GOD MAN!

I apologize I am driving the beast at this time and speaking slowly into the S three and I just saw this post the one from this dude and the two from yourself and that is why there was some delay but I am turning into autozone parking lot now and will leave with plugs and wires an MMO for when the plugs and wires are changed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back