Actual Seafoam Success Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honda 300 4x4 ATV...have been using it a lot lately, it has Amsoil 10w-40 in the crank, but had been quite a while since I ran any fuel adds thru it. Last thing I used was some Neutra several months ago this winter.

Uses regular 89 octane gas from Casey's here in town and was running somewhat roughly and would die when left to idle, but ran pretty well under throttle. Had trouble starting without using choke, even at 80+ degrees, which has never been a problem.

Put 3 oz of Seafoam in it with 3 gals of gas, shook the quad from side to side a little to mix, got on a rode it 1/2 mile to open some gates to pasture, when I got off it didn't die, and hasn't died at idle in the 3-4 days since I added the Sea Foam. Nothing else changed/happened that could have cured it that fast. It starts easily now without choke.

Never really knew if it was a worthwhile product or not, but it sure helped in this case.

Seafoam is great stuff. I have had similar experiences with small engines. It is very popular in MN. Use a little every now and then as a preventative measure. It works great for getting water out of gas and also acts as a stablizer.

Seafoam, added to the gas tank, is a good product for engines with carburetors. The Deep Creep version is handy to spray in the carburetor throat.

PB Blaster makes a similar product, Small Engine Tune-up, that also comes in a spray can & is available at Farm & Fleet stores in the Midwest.

I've used Seafoam plenty myself, it stabilizes my gas and keep the injectors clean. I usually use it every 5,000 miles or so. I also put this in my lawn mower, snowblower, and two-stroke engines in the appropriate amount for their first tank-full of each of their seasons.

After having the carb rebuilt on my 9.9 Evinrude thanks to Stabil, I talked with the mechanic and he swore by Seafoam. My neighbor also used it in his boats. Since that day years ago, all my small engines (boat motors, snowmobile, lawnmower, snowblower, leaf blower, chainsaw, etc.) all get 1 ounce for every gallon used. I haven't had fuel issues or gummed up anything since using Seafoam. It really is a great product and the way I use it, one can goes A LONG way. I can't say enough about it, try it once you'll understand!

Between Seafoam and Berryman, isn't Seafoam weaker and more expensive?

My lawnmower is currently going the Berryman test and if it does not improve, I will try Seafoam.

Originally Posted By: hardyta
After having the carb rebuilt on my 9.9 Evinrude thanks to Stabil

If you use Blue Stabil, you will not have a problem. If you use Blue Stabil from last year's treatment, it's no good. Once you open it up, it has a limited shelf life.

I've used Blue Stabil for a few years now, and it's worked great for me, even when Seafoam failed the winter before. Blue Stabil goes into 2 push mowers, 1 weed eater, 4 scooters, and 4 outboards. All of these engines have started right up every spring, every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back