Mobil1 ESP 5W30 VOA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone!
In the UOA lecturing analysis of my car this oil. Now post the analysis VOA.
P.s. it is not EP namely ESP! Here is the oil: http://www.mobil.com/USA-English/Lubes/PDS/GLXXENPVLMOMobil_1_ESP_Formula_5W-30.aspx

Code:

VIS 40C 71,51

VIS 100C 11,94

VI 165

TBN 6,46

TAN 2,22

Ash 0,68

PP -46C

FP(open) 250C;

CSS -30C 5033

NOACK 5,6

Mo 92

P 874

Zn 922

Ba 0

B 257

Mg 5

Ca 1274

The original analysis (unfortunately in Russian): http://www.oil-club.ru/forum/topic/6709-mobil-1-esp-formula-5w-30-svezhee/

judging from the IR spectrum - oil on GTL and Esther
NOACK lower than that of Pennzoil Ultra!

Last edited:
Thank you for these number Dmitry. This oil is what I have used in my Volkswagen TDI for the specification 507.00. I am pleased with the oil but recently purchased a 20 liter tote of Pentosin Super Performance III 5W-30 for a comparison.

I notice my vehicle uses about a half-liter of the Mobil oil during a 10,000 mile drain interval. I hope the Pentosin won't show similar results.

Originally Posted By: FowVay
Thank you for these number Dmitry. This oil is what I have used in my Volkswagen TDI for the specification 507.00. I am pleased with the oil but recently purchased a 20 liter tote of Pentosin Super Performance III 5W-30 for a comparison.

I notice my vehicle uses about a half-liter of the Mobil oil during a 10,000 mile drain interval. I hope the Pentosin won't show similar results.

And have you tried other oils in your VW? (in addition to the ESP and Pento)

I have used Castrol Professional LL-03, Mobil-1 ESP and am preparing to use the Pentosin. Those are the only oils that have been in my TDI at present. I currently have 58,000 miles on the engine.

Originally Posted By: Dmitry_K

I don't think Mobil uses GTL, so it would have to be PAO and Ester.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

But NOACK = 5,6% on PAO - is it realy?

Originally Posted By: FowVay

Seriously? half a litre in 10.000 miles (16000 km) is really good and perfectly normal for that engine. Many vw tdi engines use a lot more. And are still considered healthy engines. It is perfectly normal.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

But NOACK = 5,6% on PAO - is it realy?

Why not? Redline has some 5w-30 oils that have a NOACK of 6%, and Redline is certainly not using GTL either.

In case of Mobil, it could be VISOM as well.

Thanks a lot for posting this!
thumbsup2.gif

My dads truck consumes all oils (even Amsoil ACD, which is a straight 30 rated at 10W-30), but for whatever reason, consumes this oil the least. It's too expensive to justify running now, but for anyone looking for a minimum consumption 30W, this would be it. Only place to find it locally is PepBoys.

Chuck

Thanks for sharing!
wink.gif

This is the oil I´ve been using in my Tdi (PD100) for almost 25.000 miles now, but next time I will try another one due to the low TBN value (0,8) of the last UOA, after only 9320 miles.

Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back