Archoil products

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interested to see if anyone has any experience of these products, they are being sold by http://www.powerenhancer.co.uk/
In the UK I have put the AR9100 in my oil and as yet not noticed any difference, but I have used the AR6200 in the fuel and think there seems to be a little more torque and responsiveness to the throttle, but "think and feel" are not very scientific, if you people used it and all thought it was the bee's knee's then we could consider it a good product but as when I use the search button for Archoil nothing comes up I'm stuck, if I had been on here before I bought some it would be different but as I have bought some and can't tell much difference with the oil additive AR9100 I'm looking for reassurance that I haven't wasted my money.

With oil additives you may not see any difference for 100,000 miles (or km). Which could be good. I just started to use the AR9100.So it's too soon for me to tell.

They use Boron Nitride. I would suggest using the Fullerene like Tungsten Disulphide (WS2). Search this sub-forum for discussions.

You luck out by being in the UK. Millers Oils has the correct WS2 in additive products as well as extremely expensive oil that contains the material. They are not marketing them in the US. I wanted to buy some.

With this additive you should be able to see a difference rather quickly. Consider that the changes in oil temperature and mileage are fairly small and if you don't have measurements before, I am not sure just driving the car will allow you to "feel" the results. A major benefit of the material is it plates the engine parts and can seriously extend the lifetime of your affected engine parts.

Originally Posted By: kimandsally
Interested to see if anyone has any experience of these products, they are being sold by http://www.powerenhancer.co.uk/
In the UK I have put the AR9100 in my oil and as yet not noticed any difference, but I have used the AR6200 in the fuel and think there seems to be a little more torque and responsiveness to the throttle, but "think and feel" are not very scientific, if you people used it and all thought it was the bee's knee's then we could consider it a good product but as when I use the search button for Archoil nothing comes up I'm stuck, if I had been on here before I bought some it would be different but as I have bought some and can't tell much difference with the oil additive AR9100 I'm looking for reassurance that I haven't wasted my money.

This is not a post I did, I have been in hospital and a child from a neighbour has been allowed to use my pc for his "homework" he has gone into my history and notes opened up accounts all over the place and has just about ruined my reputation.
The information he has taken is my passwords and then when I have used products and made notes in folders on my computer he has gone into them and added vile lies and posted around the web, kimandsally is a name I have used for 20 years it is dear to me and he has tainted my reputation, I was suspicious after a phone call I had yesterday I came home and looked at my notes then googled to see how Archoil had been doing I was gobsmacked to see this.
It is untrue in it's entireity I found the products to be useful and worked better then they said, I am a retired motorcycle tuner and car engineer workshop I enjoy testing products in my retirement.
Thank you for not taking the bait and slagging this product off because I genuinely find it to work and still use it to this day.

In fact AR9100 is based on nanotechnology potassium borate on ester matrix - much better technology than just hBN or even nano hBN and it is water resistant.
They have AR9200 which is organic (not cheap synthetic one) 70nm nano WS2 PAO based oil additive but their top friction modifier is nanoceramic AR9300 (10 times lower friction than nano WS2) which I am personally shocked by now because it virtually stopped engine wear looking at used oil analysis (based on 2 gasoline NA engines so far after 3000km and 4500km tests -> 1-2ppm Fe increase only and ZERO Al/Cr/Pb increase).

I have not found a source/price for the Archoil AR9300 in the US yet. Found one source for the AR8300 grease at $70 for one 14 oz tube. Anyone found a USA source for AR30 motor oil additive?

Originally Posted By: wlyszkow
In fact AR9100 is based on nanotechnology potassium borate on ester matrix - much better technology than just hBN or even nano hBN and it is water resistant.
They have AR9200 which is organic (not cheap synthetic one) 70nm nano WS2 PAO based oil additive but their top friction modifier is nanoceramic AR9300 (10 times lower friction than nano WS2) which I am personally shocked by now because it virtually stopped engine wear looking at used oil analysis (based on 2 gasoline NA engines so far after 3000km and 4500km tests -> 1-2ppm Fe increase only and ZERO Al/Cr/Pb increase).

So is the ceramic additive similar to cera-tec made by liqui-moly?

Linking this to another thread I started - Archoil was featured on Leno's Garage.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/3251995/gonew/1/Nano_Lubrication_on_Jay_Leno's#UNREAD

Originally Posted By: alternety
You luck out by being in the UK. Millers Oils has the correct WS2 in additive products as well as extremely expensive oil that contains the material. They are not marketing them in the US.

You are inferring that Millers' WS2 nano additive ONLY is not available here, correct??

I have had their Nano Drive motor oil in my LS1's sump for the last OCI, but I am taking for granted you knew it was available here, due to the conversations with 67King, and others.
wink.gif

Thanks to this thread I have been doing some reading on Archoil products. Their claims are incredible. I remain very interested in learning more especially from our deep thinker, very knowledgeable BITOG posters, especially 67King. Looking forward to being schooled.

I am really glad I found a boron additive!!! it makes a really big difference!! red line did add a lot more boron to there new package...and I like the nano ester base that's in archoil ar9100

Last edited:
I just learned of Archoil a couple weeks ago and Liqui Moly Ceratec a few weeks before. I did get a bottle of AR6200 fuel additive but just put it in two tractors and a dump truck and none will see much use for a while.

I got 11 hours at high idle Liqui Moly Ceratec in a 325 Polaris engine that was ran without oil when the past owner blew an oil line running down the road and beat out the rod bearing insert until it was very thin due to the rod bearing spinning in the connecting rod.

It would idle but knock and die if you gave it gas after his repair shop fixed the line and refilled with oil.

We pulled the rod and saw the crankshaft was chewed up and the connecting rod as well. Through the jug hole with emery cloth strips we cleaned the crankshaft the best we could and put it back together with a used connecting rod but new bearing inserts and piston rings.

We mixed the Ceratec with M1 10w-40 High Mileage knowing the rough crankshaft would be eating on the new rod bearings so it was mixed before we started the engine but did bring up oil pressure with the starter and spark plug removed.

After 11 hours it will make good power and rev up but we can clearly hear it knock when we hit the throttle hard.

I expect the Ceratec did help and could tell the stress to just idle decreased after the first hour of running. It took about three days to rack up the 11 hours of run time (it was in an open shop and was not ridden but did hold the brakes and get on it when in Low and Reverse and the power was impressive but it started knocking.

We hope to get at least the top end torn down Sat if weather and time permits so we can see if there is any visual or to touch ceramic coating of the moving parts. There were some marks on the piston skirt from being ran without motor oil but all parts other than the crank and rod measured to factory new specs. Well we did not check the rings but the top on did break on removal but I am sure it got very hot running without any oil.

This ATV was bought as a project bike to teach wrenching to the kids. We have a tight used lower end bought that is intact with crankshaft and connecting ready to be installed.

While it was for learning we also had picked up the Liqui Moly Ceratec (would have used Archoil 9300 if I had heard of it at the time) so we could test it since I was almost certain we would be tearing it down soon. Again I do not think with the rough crankshaft it would have idled for 11 hours and made power and some higher RPM's without the Ceratec but that is just my thought.

The tear down has been held up due to the coldest Jan that I can remember in about 40 years.

Originally Posted By: Clevy

So is the ceramic additive similar to cera-tec made by liqui-moly?

Looks like it Clevy, though some of the ingredients are different and it's more expensive. Also they say you only have to add one gram per four liters of oil! I found this interesting video on youtube. In the video they claim to be able to create as close to a frictionless surface as possible! It'd be great to hear from anyone who has tried this product....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM5MIqoMriU

here is a response from archoil

Thomas. Thanks for the inquiry! We have several race teams that use our products. I can tell you about their experiences with the product and depending on what kind of info you are looking for I could supply you with more info. A NHRA Top Fuel Dragster team uses our pre-assembly lube and our friction modifiers. They also use a special package we blend for them in their diff and blower housing. Archoil took @ 4 degrees off the engine and the same rod and main bearings were used multiple times showing no wear.
iam now using the AR 9100

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dino33
You wouldn't happen to have a link of those two UOA's by any chance. I was reading on Archoil's website that AR9300 leaves a "NEW" surface coating five times stronger than the host metal! How on earth does that happen??? If correct that would be truly remarkable...

http://evergreen.cagehosting.com/index.c...ction-modifier/

Is the AR9300 available in the USA?

It's not available from their own US website, though oddly enough, it is available in Europe. You could try the phone number in the video I linked from that fellow in Alaska or order it through that website in the UK that a previous poster linked. They say they ship world wide, but you'd have to imagine shipping would be expensive?? Here is the link:

http://www.powerenhancer.co.uk/product.p...iction-modifier

Last edited:
You guys really have to watch that video on AR9300. The part where they open up that monster industrial engine after over a thousand operating hours to find out that the pistons did not wear at all, in fact they claim they actually narrowed in diameter after using the additive! And five times the strength of the original host metal for the new surface? That's amazing if true. Sounds something like what Clevy was talking about when he had to grind off some of that Ceratec with a grinder when he opened up one of his engines....

Originally Posted By: dino33
It's not available from their own US website, though oddly enough, it is available in Europe. You could try the phone number in the video I linked from that fellow in Alaska or order it through that website in the UK that a previous poster linked. They say they ship world wide, but you'd have to imagine shipping would be expensive?? Here is the link:

http://www.powerenhancer.co.uk/product.p...iction-modifier

Thanks. Reading their literature I don't see any advantage for a passenger car using the 9300. From what I gather the 9300 is more for HD industrial applications. Am I missing something? The 9300 would be cost prohibitive for me with the shipping from outside the USA. I really don't see the need reading through the literature. But then again maybe I missed something.

These nano additives are gaining popularity, and have peaked my interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back