Detailed Audi A5 w/ DG501

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been detailing this A5 for one of my customers for years now. Daily driver and as usual when be brings it in, it had some water spots, filthy wheels, and some light wash induced micro marring. Washed, clayed, machine applied DG501 which took care of water spots, light wash/clay induced micro marring. Still has some light swirls and a few RIDS, next time will be another compound and/or polish session.
IMG_0277_zps648f9b54.jpg

IMG_0275_zpsd1ba4c8b.jpg

IMG_0272_zps176b7517.jpg

IMG_0267_zpsd01f2277.jpg

I can't answer for Eddie but, I never anounce my prices aloud as each vehicle that I detailed was based on how much work the customer wanted.

Depending on what a customer wants for their detail, they could easily spend many hundreds of dollars per detail as I also do some interior/exterior repairs but, I don't paint whole vehicle or panels. But, I will do small spots!

Sometimes(often) I removed the wheels and paint the wheelwells and floor panels/rocker panels, brake calipers etc. This is an individual vehicle based profession especially when doing high(er) end vehicles.

For regular/everyday vehicles, customers wanted to see a price sheet that I have and pick out their particular package in their price range/affordability...or ala-cart items as well.

Last edited:
My favorite AIO and it lasts a long time too! In these parts, detailers will charge around $125 for a wash, clay, and a cleaner wax.

Personally, DG has never impressed me with any of their paint correction products. On the other hand, their carwash, sealants, quicker detailer (aquawax) etc are all top notch.

I have used SMR which did pretty much nothing when compared to say Ultra Polish or SwirlX

Originally Posted By: satinsilver
Maybe some DG SMR next time which should take care of the swirls and leave protection behind. Machine applied of course.

SMR = swirl mark remover

www.duragloss.com

Good suggestions, and I know many people love DG swirl mark remover, and I've got a half full bottle of DG671 on the shelf, not a fan of this product personally. And I detail for money, and I wasn't being paid for swirl removal this time, just decon/seal and since this car had micro-marring from washing and clay, DG501 worked great, and the customer agreed. When I do correct this paint next time, it will be compounds/polishes by Menzerna and Megs which worked excellent on this paint last time.

Looks great. 501 will be my next purchase, as I am getting real low on AIO. I've gone through 2 bottles of 101, and I want to try 501 next. Thanks for the pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back