bosch premium vs. filtech honda oem

Status
Not open for further replies.
i own a 94 honda civic with a b16a motor in it. after reading many of the posts in the oil filter fourm, i have narrowed my two choices to these filter, bosch premium and filtech honda oem. i was wondering if you guys can give me the pros and cons b/w these two filters. thanks in advance.

I think Bosch is a good filter. I like it better than Purolator because it's sturdier. I'm not sure it is any better than SuperTech. And its not as good as K&N and Mobil 1-IMHO. Don't know squat about the Honda Filtech-sorry.

Just got off the phone with Champion Labs. I to am trying to decide what filter to use. I had narrowed it down to three. Mobil 1, K&N, or Bosch premium. Mobil 1 filters down to 10 microns but costs $11.99 at Autozone. Bosch Premium filters to 15 microns and costs $5.49 at Autozone. K&N filters to 18 to 20 microns and costs $9.95 at advance Auto. I have decided to go with the Bosch Premium. According to Champion all 3 of these filters are great filters. But $6.50 less than the Mobil 1 I can live with the 15 micron of the Bosch vs the 10 micron of the Mobil 1. Champion labs told me that the K&N was not required as it used more for racing due to the excellent flow rate.
Checkout the "oil filter study" by Mike Thompson on this forum. good reading.

[ December 09, 2002, 07:36 PM: Message edited by: westex39 ]

i have been using bosch premium filters on my civic, but everyone marvels at how wonderful the filtech oem filter is. but after viewing the website, i guess i made the right choice.

i had the same delema as you, but i didnt want to pay 10 bucks for a filter. bosch was in the middle and my car is running a bosch filter for the first time, i dont know really how its doing but i know its good. it starts up better and is more quiet. im sticking with this filter...a good upgrade from fram though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back