Chevy Uplander AC problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
So just tonight as we were driving home we noticed the cabin was awfully warm. We checked the AC setting at it was on MAX, the temp was set as cool as it could go, but it was blowing warm. More so on the driver side, the passenger side blows cooler than the drivers side. Neither side is cold like it should be though. Any ideas?

I had heater door control motor issue on mine - it would not allow full heat in my car when it was -30 F, even though the engine was hot. Basically undrivable as the windows would frost over.

The motor is behind the center stack, by the driver's knee. Tight reach but doable to get to.

If you there is a notable diffference in the temp on the driver amd passenger side, i would first look at your heat control flaps. Idk what they're called.

Originally Posted By: bvance554
If you there is a notable diffference in the temp on the driver amd passenger side, i would first look at your heat control flaps. Idk what they're called.

That would be the blend doors. They fail or stick all the time in many vehicles.

Ok guys..this morning the AC was working fine...still is...go figure. My guess is that this will happen again.

With the engine & A/C on, blower on high & recirculation off, open the hood and look for where the two A/C lines enter the firewall. The skinny one is the supply, the larger one the suction. Both should be sweating...profusely in Florida. If not, your refrigerant could be low or something else is wrong.

You could also have a blend-door problem, vacuum leak, etc causing warm air to be mixed in when it shouldn't be.

Do you have enough coolant in the vehicle. Maybe time for a new t-stat. Is the vehicle running hot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back