1968 FORD F900

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys. I have a 1968 Ford F700-F900 I'm not sure, the dealer can't run the vin number. I'm wondering if any one would have the oil capacity of the engine. It has a 391 engine, but I beleive the 330, 361 and 391 are all the same, it is a dump truck. Is there any one out there who can help with this.

IIRC, that 391 is the truck version of the old FE 390; same goes for the 361, etc. They typically had upsized sumps for those heavy applications. I would think 8-9 qts would be a good place to start, then adjust as necessary by the dipstick.

391 is indeed the industrial version of the FE 390. I had a 361 FE in a bus year ago. I happen to have a 1968 Ford Data book and the 391 is listed with an oil capacity of 8-9 quarts.

No F900 model is listed but it has a VIN decoder in the book, so if you want to give me the VIN, I think I can decode it. In fact, give me all the info on the codes on the data tag (or send me a good clear pic) and I can tell you all about the truck, engine, trans, rear axle, original paint color, DSO, assembly plant,etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back