Need Larger PureOne

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an '02 Subaru Impreza WRX and the recommended PureOne oil filter for my car is a PL14460. I have read Oz's question thread on larger capacity filters and I am convinced that this application works. So, what I need is a larger PureOne that will fit this car. Any ideas? Got a number? A Link?

ThanX,

Brian

As I mentioned in my email to you (and will share it here for the rest) the L20073 seems to fit the bill here, as it's 2.98 x 4.83 and has the same 8-10psi relief as the 14460 (which is 3.15 x 2.95)

Well the part number I received from Patman is for a Premium Plus filter and I was needing a number for a larger PUREONE oil filter. I talked with the local parts house and no luck. Thought perhaps a Legacy Outback filter may be worth looking at since they have the 3.0L V-6. Called Purolator and they refuse to provide me with any helpful information. They couldn't recommend anything outside of the PL14460. Policy. I am going to try some other parts stores today in hopes to find someone that can give me th heads up on a larger capacity PureOne to fit my WRX. but, I also want to ask here again. Does anybody here know how to go about gettting a larger cap. PureOne oil filter that is like the PL 14460 in fit and threads?

Unfortunately my catalog doesn't list the PL filters, so I don't always know if there is a PL version or not. If you look through the entire book at all the individual cars and what filters they use, you can see that they'll sometimes list both a PL and an L filter, and sometimes just the L. Without spending an hour going through each page, it's hard for me to tell if a particular filter has a PL version or not. Sorry that this particular one didn't have a PL version.

You need to go to an auto parts store that sells PureONE's and check out the Purolator catalog. In the back they'll give you spec's on the various filters including thread, bypass valve pressure, and flow numbers. Nobody will recommend anything other than then OEM replacement filter, but you'll probably find one that will work. I passed on an oversized PureONE just because the bypass was set to 8-10 psi instead of the stock 12-15 psi. It probably would have worked just fine, but with my high reving Vtec motor, I decided to go with an oversized Mobil 1 with the same spec's as OEM. Also PureONE's are PL numbers, and the Premium Plus's are just L's. It looks like all spec numbers are the same for both, but one has more and maybe better media.

I may have misunderstood here. Did you ask them if there was a PL20073 filter? Because all the Premium Plus filters are labelled L and all PureONEs are PL, but the numbers following them are the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back