Wax with lots of fillers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: randomhero439
Meguiar's Ultimate Paste Wax has a weird scratch hiding property ive noticed. I run a detailing business, and i use it if im just doing a wash & wax.

+1 Good fillers on this. Also, if you are willing to have another step, almost all glazes are full of fillers. I know th step 2 of the 3 step mothers wax is pretty much nothing but fillers.

Originally Posted By: asiancivicmaniac
Megs #7 can be found at AAP.

If you expect to hide everything without extensive polishing then you will be left disappointed no matter what you use, especially if you have a lot of swirling and deep marring. If that's what you're after then start learning how to do paint correction or lower you expectations.

I agree. The only way to do it right is correction with polish and an orbital buffer.

However - good old #7 Glaze is AWESOME at hiding swirls and adding gloss but it's not a wax so you have to wax over it.

For the stated goal, I'd tend to look past the posts that suggest things that are available at Pep Boys, etc. There's a lot more (and better) in the world of wax for what the OP has in mind.

Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax does a decent job of hiding light swirls. It's actually a spray sealant and it's available practically anywhere. It is expensive for the amount you get but little is needed and it works. Seems like it's about ten bucks at Walmart, higher at auto parts stores.

I bet some M1 0w40 can fix it.....can't that stuff do just about anything?

Just playin' fellas....easy does it.

I have DG AcquaWax and MG Ultimate Quick Detailer Spray, Final Inspection Spray, TW IceWax Spray etc.

My thinking was that the section which has not been recently done with M105 and M205 (using rotary), I should be able to use one of the filler product to bring it up to the same level as the one with M105 and M205 using the rotary.

With the LED SwirlFinder light, none of the liquids that I have tried been able to hide them. Those are almost impossible to capture using the camera otherwise I would have posted them.

Call me crazy but I want improvement over this using the filler products

DbjDPBw.jpg

Try using a liquid or paste wax instead of the sprays. The sprays are more for touch ups or regular application after washes.

Think of wax as putty in your case. Give NXT a try. I think Turtle Wax Platinum also has fillers.

That Ice thing definitely resists dirt better. The panels on which I had applied the Ice Spray were considerably less dirty than the one with the Meguairs quick detail spray.

If fillers is what you're after best to look towards some of those bulk production brands like Ardex/Malco/Detail King products etc. A lot of those products are what the bulk car dealers use to hammer up innocent new cars with an untrained lot jockey holding a wool pad on a right angle grinder. Honestly, I've bought products from suppliers like that before and I've had 'one step' products that could fill the grand canyon. YMMV

The best filling wax in my experience is NXT 2.0 But keep in mind the more the fillers you get, the generally shorter lifespan of the wax. NXT 2.0 is 6 weeks tops for a car kept outdoors and most of the shine will disappear within a wash or two.

Originally Posted By: RobS
If fillers is what you're after best to look towards some of those bulk production brands like Ardex/Malco/Detail King products etc. A lot of those products are what the bulk car dealers use to hammer up innocent new cars with an untrained lot jockey holding a wool pad on a right angle grinder. Honestly, I've bought products from suppliers like that before and I've had 'one step' products that could fill the grand canyon. YMMV
My local NAPA carries Malco products and I have always been tempted by some of the smaller containers. Do you have any specific product from that line?

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Originally Posted By: RobS
My local NAPA carries Malco products and I have always been tempted by some of the smaller containers. Do you have any specific product from that line?

http://www.malcoautomotive.com/Rejuvenator__One_Step_Auto_Paint_Restoration-details.aspx

This stuff seems to fill like crazy. There's a video on youtube with a demo.

Originally Posted By: qwertydude
The best filling wax in my experience is NXT 2.0 But keep in mind the more the fillers you get, the generally shorter lifespan of the wax. NXT 2.0 is 6 weeks tops for a car kept outdoors and most of the shine will disappear within a wash or two.

I agree. NXT hides a lot but does not last long.
Before becoming disabled I would use Liquid Glass. It might be old school but it works!
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: qwertydude
Best wax for hiding fillers I've come across is Meguiars NXT, the 2.0 lasts a little longer and hides swirls just as good.

I tried that stuff on my black motorcycle...absolutely hated it! It looks exactly like you're smearing vegitable oil on the paint when it's applied...the shine's not all that great either, and it doesn't last...

Instead of filling, why not eliminate the scratches?...it isn't difficult to do...

I was with a well-respected detailer this week and he said that HD Poxy had some serious fillers. Not sure about the durability, though.

Originally Posted By: grampi
Instead of filling, why not eliminate the scratches?...it isn't difficult to do...

It depends on how much clearcoat removal is needed. There is only a finite amount of clear on the vehicle so you must carefully evaluate the situation before each paint correction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back