M16 on Full Auto

Status
Not open for further replies.
[censored] those evil barrles
smile.gif

Every so often full auto is fun but gets old quick. 3 round burst when training so much more fun ... IMHO. Trying to get those 3 rounds in the tightest group isn't easy! During our training sessions we all throw in a few dollars for lunch...tightest group eats for free
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: BISCUT
Every so often full auto is fun but gets old quick. 3 round burst when training so much more fun ... IMHO. Trying to get those 3 rounds in the tightest group isn't easy! During our training sessions we all throw in a few dollars for lunch...tightest group eats for free
laugh.gif

I was never very good with the the 3 round burst, either. We pretty much always stuck with double-taps for CQC/MOUT and virtually never used burst unless it was for "familiarization". I think the only authorized use for burst we had was for tracers.

When we had A1s, full auto was fun but then again, when someone else was paying for ammo, it made all the difference. It's the same reason why I always wanted to qualify with with a M16/203, they were the only rifles that didn't have completely worn out barrels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back