Neighbors who constantly park in front of my house

Status
Not open for further replies.
I lived near a subdivision that had $400,000+ houses. Of course sect 8 allowed undesirables to integrate in,while the normal hardworking people were at work paying for their living expenses while they loitered all day having bbq's in the front yards instead of going to work like the rest of us,so discusting! Is this the case in your subdivision?

What I'd do if I were you,is borrow a HUGE trailer from someone,fill it full of junk/scrap,and park it in front of their house,blocking off their entire property.

I once had a similar problem...next-door neighbour has a decent-size driveway, with room at the end, and a two-car garage. Every time they had a visitor, they'd park in front of MY house, instead of in the neighbour's driveway. I got tired of it and one day was mowing the lawn when I got all scratched up on brambles and dead branches...both arms were bleeding fairly well. Went to the neighbour and knocked on the door to ask their friends to move so I could continue mowing and nearly gave them a heart attack. I honestly didn't realise how scary I looked. No more parking problem.

I don't think it's section 8 (yet) LOL
As far as them selling drugs, it's possible. They all drive decent cars, and only one or two seem to leave at regular hours for work I assume.

Just put those short orange flags next to the asphalt. You know, the flexible kind used to mark water/gas lines and property lines.

People with decent mentalities don't run these over and if they do, they won't damage anything.

a few large landscape rocks or railway ties will do it, assuming that it's your property.or, dig out an area a few feet from the road, and put in some 3/4" clear stone. at least you'll be able to cut the grass,and cars can still park there, if you use the latter suggestion.
antiqueshell HAS to be right. those rims MUST belong to a drug dealer/user.do you ever read what you post? your tinfoil hat must have fallen off. thank you for my daily laugh.OP -- if you do go with the large rocks, the commies will have a place to hide. good luck.

You mentioned a HOA. There may be rules about permanent parking on the street.
Metal rods on your property could be a liability issue (although I thought of that or large decorative stones,also.)

We live on a corner in a more densely populated area. We have two cars in the driveway; two on our side street. Neighbor used to park on our side, making my daughter park further away in front of another neighbor. Asked him not to park on our property.
He said he would park any f'ing place he wanted since it was a public street. Asked him again; ignored me. Next time, I told my daughter to box him in between our two cars. Did I say box in? I meant leave 12 inches in front and back. He comes out to move the car, can't pull out, gets another family member to help him by standing next to the car, we're watching inside, and as soon as he touches the first car's bumper, I hit the alarm on my remote. Neighbors start showing up. I run out, asked him "you hit my car!?" He shrugs his shoulders, I tell him I'll get an estimate from the body shop. Beet-faced a-h finally gets his car clear and he has never parked there again. Other neighbors must have had similar run-ins as he now parks a block away.
We never were on great speaking terms so it was no loss. Same neighbor cuts his grass only when it's over a foot high.

Time to lay down some spike strips.
smile.gif

Why does everyone say 'ask nicely', 'talk to them', etc.

The original emails says his wife has already done this? I assume you mean he should again, and again, and again, politely talk to them like a sycophant?

I like the metal rod idea.

Originally Posted By: Phishin
Just put those short orange flags next to the asphalt. You know, the flexible kind used to mark water/gas lines and property lines.

People with decent mentalities don't run these over and if they do, they won't damage anything.

Like this idea, although not sure if they would have the sense to avoid them.

Don't think I would be able due to hoa to put large rocks near the street though.

I would love to park an old junky car there. But really don't want to pay for the car, insurance, license, inspection just to deter them.

One of the many reasons I despise having neighbors. When it's time for me to buy a house,it's going to be out in the country.

Originally Posted By: yeti

antiqueshell HAS to be right. those rims MUST belong to a drug dealer/user.do you ever read what you post? your tinfoil hat must have fallen off. thank you for my daily laugh.OP -- if you do go .

If you read my ENTIRE post, which it appears you haven't, it mentions several things together, not just the appearance of the SUV, often times the bling vehicle is the distraction used to draw attention away from the vehicles travelling with them when they are doing drops or delivering money, ect. Usually these folks that deal travel in groups so that there are at least one look out but usually more.

Often times today you have a sleazy looking decoy that is clean while the nice looking people/ low key vehicle contain the drugs or money. I'll give these scumbags one thing they are endlessly clever, too bad they don't go do something productive with that energy instead of bringing decay and chaos with dope dealing.

My personal view is that those caught dealing should be sentenced to years of HARD LABOR, not just prison time. The last thing these bums want to do is honest hard work.
01.gif

Last edited:
Home Depot sells what I think are called driveway markers: a 3-4" red, round reflector on maybe a 3' white plastic stick. Put 3 on either side of your drive, 6 to 8 ft. apart, right at the edge of the grass. Only a couple of bucks each.

Forget the little flags and reflectors. If you pound 1/2" rebar into the ground two ft. deep with 1 foot sticking up, they WILL get the message once they hit them. Space them 15ft. apart.

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
Judging from the rims on that SUV, and the large number of cars there I'd say that drug activity is occurring there.

crackmeup2.gif
Dude, you're a few sandwiches short of a picnic.

I would just mow the lawn with the discharge aimed at the rims. Maybe, I would tell them once to move their cars because I would be mowing and mention that I would not give them this courtesy again in the future.
If nothing was done I would mow away when the grass is long and wet at my convenience.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Judging from the rims on that SUV, and the large number of cars there I'd say that drug activity is occurring there.

crackmeup2.gif

You have a habit of not reading an entire post, like a few others here. READ THE ENTIRE POST.

It is VERY POSSIBLE that the folks in that home are dealing drugs and/ or handling drug money.

You said you have an HOA, is it effective at all? The reason I ask is you might want to bring up a proposal with them to ban parking on the street if the HOA owns the street.

crackmeup2.gif

You have a habit of not reading an entire post, like a few others here. READ THE ENTIRE POST.

It is VERY POSSIBLE that the folks in that home are dealing drugs and/ or handling drug money.

Someone is definitely dealing with some drugs, that's for sure.

crackmeup2.gif

I did read the entire post. That doesn't change your ludicrous tinfoil hat bull [censored]. It's equally as possible the people are out of work and looking. Young adults living with their parents, extended family households, and multiple families living under 1 roof are at historic highs currently because of the job market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back