Very impressed with Meguiars products

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Malo83
I use the Gold Class car wash shampoo, lots of bubbles, leaves the paint with a slick finish
thumbsup2.gif

Used the deep crystal..but once i used the gold class u wont go back..incredible shine and depth..6$ for a smallish bottle..but a little goes a long way.

They have a good reputation, but I've found it doesn't pay to be brand loyal. As one of the earlier posters said, "if in doubt" you won't go far wrong with a brand like that. The same could be said of Mother's Klasse, Duragloss and Chemical Guys products. The difference being, none of those have quite the distribution of Meguire's.

I've gone to Turtlewax No-Rinse, of all things. I keep a bucket of it with a lid on with 15 or so small microfiber towels in it, kind of like an old-fashioned pickle barrel. I can thoroughly wash, spray wax, and treat the plastic trim in an hour. At night. In the rain (In my garage, of course).

Meguiars waxes and exterior products aren't anything to write home about but their interior protectants and cleansers are more than decent. Their are better products on the market.

I'd have to disagree, some Meguiars exterior products are average at best. But nearly all of Meguiars polishes and I mean polishes (don't confuse them with LSP's, waxes, glazes, sealants) are top of the line. More specifically their SMAT based products are second to none. The big trio that should be in every professional worth their salt should be M105, M205 and D151. They really are that revolutionary.

When M105 came out nobody believed you could take out a 1500 grit wet sanded matte paint with a single polish let alone do it by hand. I'm talking finishing without swirl marks to a nearly showroom shine just with a single polish all by hand. That to me is miraculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back