Dear Autozone.....Your oil filter selection stinks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I needed an oil filter... at a late hour... AZ was the only place that I could make it to in time... Their selection is lousy.

Fram Cardboard Guard
STP Ecore... no better than cardboard guard
Mobil 1 (not for this truck)
K&N (not for this truck)
Delco Ecore.... MORE EXPENSIVE THAN STP
and Bosch.... bought that... but it was 7.50 BARF.

I could have gotten Federated's filter or a Puro Classic for 5$.........elsewhere.

You stink auto zone.

You made the best choice, I think Bosch are very similar to PureONE. I do agree with your thread though. .

Did they have the Fram tough guard available? Those aren't too bad with silicone adbv, high efficiency and metal cage.

That is why I buy factory filters on-line by the case for $4 each.

There is an old saying " Failure to plan on your part does NOT constitute an emergency on my part".
13.gif

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
i agree their filter selection is bad and expensive

They know that when you need a filter right now you will pay 150% of what you can buy that filter on line for.

Originally Posted By: JethroBodine
There is an old saying " Failure to plan on your part does NOT constitute an emergency on my part".
13.gif

You took the words right out of my mouth, JethroBodine! Furthermore, that seems like a decent selection of filters.

Originally Posted By: WMSmotorhead
I needed an oil filter... at a late hour... AZ was the only place that I could make it to in time... Their selection is lousy.

Fram Cardboard Guard
STP Ecore... no better than cardboard guard
Mobil 1 (not for this truck)
K&N (not for this truck)
Delco Ecore.... MORE EXPENSIVE THAN STP
and Bosch.... bought that... but it was 7.50 BARF.

I could have gotten Federated's filter or a Puro Classic for 5$.........elsewhere.

You stink auto zone.

What! No Motorcraft? Or not listed because you don't drive a Ford? Actually I can run Motorcraft on my Plymouth 2.4L and my son's Chevy 2.2L will take a Motorcraft FL321, which almost nobody carries (got one at Glendale Auto Parts, a Detroit area small chain).

Too bad they don't carry Purolator. Those are great filters in the low price range.

Actually, They do have Motorcraft.... I drive Fords... this truck was a RAM... and Motorcraft didn't have a fit for this motor.

Federated is still my go-to. All MY cars/trucks have supplies on the shelf in advance.... this was a Family member's truck.

The Federated LF110 (fits most V6/V8 Ford) can be bought for under 3$... I always have those stacked up on my shelf.

The situation wasn't Failure to plan....... I don't own the Truck. a Family member dropped it off and asked to get it serviced. I don't keep Dodge filters on the shelf when I don't own anything by Ford's at present.

Last edited:
Selection at AZ is a little bit better by me (at least for my Saturn) but the prices make it useless to even go. I've had the same gift cards in my pocket for 6 months.

Then again I feel the same way going into AAP, Pepboys or Carquest.

That reminds me I still have that $20 AZ card from the Valvoline deal last year. Guess I better get 4 or 5 FL-400s filters before the card is unreadable.

Wow, I just checked AutoZone's site and the FL-400s is $3.69 which is cheaper than Walmart?
shocked.gif

I looked EVERYWHERE for the original AutoZone song that was used about a decade or so and couldn't find a trace of it anywhere so here is this even LOWER RENT version....

crackmeup2.gif
crazy2.gif
lol.gif

If you want it, we don't have it, if you need it, we can't get it...AutoZone!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: MrQuackers
Wow, I just checked AutoZone's site and the FL-400s is $3.69 which is cheaper than Walmart?
shocked.gif

If that's the case its the only filter that's cheaper, all the rest are overpriced.

Originally Posted By: MrQuackers
shocked.gif

$4.99 here - guess it varies by region.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back