New battery: Duracell Procell or EverStart MAXX

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Wal-Mart MAXX batteries have rated well with Consumer Reports. Another one rated high, but not listed by you, is Costco's Kirkland Signature brand. I used them on previously owned vehicles with no problems whatsoever, and will buy them again in the future.

Originally Posted By: bigdawg74
The Wal-Mart MAXX batteries have rated well with Consumer Reports. Another one rated high, but not listed by you, is Costco's Kirkland Signature brand. I used them on previously owned vehicles with no problems whatsoever, and will buy them again in the future.

The problem with Costco is they may refuse warranty if I discontinue membership down the road. I use to be a member but stopped since I don't need to shop bulk.

I would stay away from that Duralast and the Duracell. Those look like the diehards that tested bad, I don't know if they are deka or what. The Duralast Gold are fine but probably no better than the Everstart Maxx and pricey. I would just go with a top model JCI battery and it looks like Walmart has the best price with the Everstart Maxx. If you had an Advance Auto nearby you could get essentially the same battery for even less with the right discount code.

Last edited:
Appreciate all your inputs. I decided to give Deka a try. The price wasn't so bad ($98)... beats even Walmart's EverMaxx. Hope it lasts 7 years like the OEM.

Same battery with different side sticker
647mf.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back