Lucas Synthetic Oil Stabilizer for new car

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeo

there is "Lucas Synthetic Oil Stabilizer for new car". I know Lucas Heavy duty Oil Stabilizer is not good but how about the Lucas Synthetic Oil Stabilizer?

I was looking at the Lucas site and noticed this stuff. According to their Data sheet, this stuff is 45cSt @ 100C! That has got to thicken the base oil. Maybe this how they "extend" the life of the oil.

Anybody use this stuff?

I bought that and the thing is very sticky, I think it will thicken the oil and lower the mpg. But if that reduces wear/bear/tear to the engine, I will use it. But I am still not sure about that

Zeo, stay away. It's a waste of money at the price they want. It should be needed at all, but SLOB (do a search) or VSOT are much better deals as far as good oil additives.

Hi psudaytona. Now I remember your nick name pretty well because you're the one always answer my questions.
Well, I am living in apartment and I park my car on the street which won't allow me to do oil change myself. I go to dealer for oil change and I don't know if they put the Synthetic oil in or not. I just know 0W-20 is the oil they put in )supposed to). Who knows what they did.

Bob had the experience with the Lucas Heavy duty oil Stabilizer and which proved the product is bad but doesn't mean all Lucas products are bad. People here like Lucas UCL....
Guys and Gals (if there is any gals here), Thanks all your suggestions.

No all Lucas products aren't bad but the point is-What are you getting for your money?

You're going to put a quart of VERY THICK oil (yes, the synth stuff is still pretty frickin' thick) into your sump that doesn't seem to have a lot of additives. Why?

Stick with the product put together by the chemists at any of the reputable oil companies. The oil needs nothing else. It is the best they can make to meet a price point. If you want better oil, buy better oil, not mystery stuff to pour in.

LC20 is different...it evaporates out of the oil, so it can't be make into the oil. It needs to be replenished every 1000 miles.

Auto-Rx is different...too expensive for the oil companies.

Ken

As with CD-2 Heavy Duty Oil Stabilizer, the name Lucas Synthetic Oil Stabilizer implies that engine oil is not itself stable. Therefore, the product must be added to the oil to stabilize the oil. Which of course is an absurd claim. The marketing of this kind of worthless product is craftily based on the fact that men are
hard-wired with an innate need to constantly search for additives to gas and oil that will improve performance, decrease wear, increase mpg, clean the engine internals, and etc., etc. All for a modest layout of $2-$10.

"LC20 is different...it evaporates out of the oil, so it can't be make into the oil. It needs to be replenished every 1000 miles".

The carrier oil does not evaporate or get used up...the active ingredient(s) does.

"Auto-Rx is different...too expensive for the oil companies".

LOL Yeah, Exxon Mobil's billions a quarter couldn't interest Frank, or they couldn;t mass produce the stuff to lower the cist. Come on.

The trouble with AutoRX is the way it has to be used. How many people would go thorough the proper procedure of using it? What oil company in their right mind would sign up for a product though effective, requires much more hassle than it's potential customers would tolerate? Much more!

If and when AutoRX can be dumped into a normal oil change and drained under normal mileage cycles, then the big boys will fork over the big bucks. Until that possibility exixts, your point is mute IMO

If you want to use a thicker oil, buy one already formulated that way.

Leave the silly, overpriced goo on the store shelves.
thumbsdown.gif

--- Bror Jace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back