Motorcraft FL1A

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am wanting to do 7.5-10k oci on my pick up, I am liking the pennzoil platnium that is in right now, however my question is in regards to the Motorcraft FL1a, do you feel it can go that distance? or would I be better off with a pricier option like XG8A?

The FL-1A is a great filter. Might be a longish haul for the nitrile ADBV though. But I doubt it would be a problem in New Mexico.

KC, wouldn't you prefer the original Motorcraft CFL-1 with no ADBV?
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
The FL-1A is a great filter. Might be a longish haul for the nitrile ADBV though. But I doubt it would be a problem in New Mexico.

I went and looked at filters at Oreilly's tonight, they had an FL400S which my research said would fit in place of my FL1a, I don't think I can do it, its so tiny
smirk.gif

The Wix 51515 was right above it and said it had a silicone ADBV, think it would survive 10k?

Originally Posted By: Garak
wink.gif

Ha ha of course but I just can't find them anymore!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: snowflake
I went and looked at filters at Oreilly's tonight, they had an FL400S which my research said would fit in place of my FL1a, I don't think I can do it, its so tiny
smirk.gif

Uh oh! You're in trouble now! When DNEWTON3 sees this......
28.gif

smirk.gif

The Wix 51515 was right above it and said it had a silicone ADBV, think it would survive 10k?

Don't underestimate the FL-400s due to size, it is one heck of a filter. See my sig ha ha! Seriously it doesn't look like a lot but they pack a tremendous amount of media in that can.

Wix are built very stout certainly it would "survive" a 10k run. Unless your engine is filthy just about any name brand will do, even for 10k, but for the longer interval it makes sense to upgrade the filter as you get some ROI due to the length of the OCI.

smirk.gif

Don't underestimate the FL-400s due to size, it is one heck of a filter. See my sig ha ha! Seriously it doesn't look like a lot but they pack a tremendous amount of media in that can.

Wix are built very stout certainly it would "survive" a 10k run. Unless your engine is filthy just about any name brand will do, even for 10k, but for the longer interval it makes sense to upgrade the filter as you get some ROI due to the length of the OCI.

my concern isn't really with the media, my concern is with the sealing gasket
smirk.gif

Originally Posted By: Garak
wink.gif

laugh.gif

thats whats on my dads mustang! tells you how long its been since its been moved :p

Yes the FL1A will go 10k miles, presuming your vehicle is in good mechanical condition.

Filter are generally way over capacitized for their applications.

smirk.gif

my concern isn't really with the media, my concern is with the sealing gasket
smirk.gif

The gasket differences between the two are miniscule, but the cans sure do fool the eye.

Heck, I couldn't even find them in the late 1980s!
wink.gif
I should go into the parts department and as for a CFL-1 just for kicks and see what they say. The part was discontinued before some of the counter guys were born.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back