Just for chits and giggles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im jumping the the auto rx band waggon eventhough i dont think i really need it but i would like to do it anyway. Would Castrol GTX Antisludge formula be a good combination with auto rx? Thanks.

PS Ive ran synthetics in her during our 63K journey. Redline and Amsoil.

quote:

Originally posted by bruce381:
whatever you use nice to see a before and after pic.
bruce

Yea but i dont want to remove valve covers since im not leaking any oil.

Why do you think you need to run this beta additive in a vehicle that has had synthetics exclusively?

Daily Drives:
-2003 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner,2.7 liter, 4 cylinder, Mobil1 5w30 ODO 31500
-1995 Toyota 4-Runner,3.0 liter,6 cylinder, Mobil1 5w40 tsuv ODO 109500
http://community.webshots.com/user/amkeer

As long as your slowly remove the valve cover, 90% of the time you can reuse the gasket.

I bought my wife a new Honda, but I'm gonna take before & after pictures of Auto-Rx that will be used in a 1998 Civic 144K miles.

quote:

Originally posted by LT4 Vette:
As long as your slowly remove the valve cover, 90% of the time you can reuse the gasket.

I bought my wife a new Honda, but I'm gonna take before & after pictures of Auto-Rx that will be used in a 1998 Civic 144K miles.

Why do you try HDEO for 1K then again for 1K and pull valve cover then love to see what a increased OCI for a few times would do with out any additives used. Then try RX.
bruce

Yep, and I second the previous posts. I've removed my valve cover 1-2 times a month since November without a leak. We NEED good before pics on this site if we really want to further knowledge of all things oily.

The problem in testing any cleaning additive is you can not have a good test once you try one then the other in the same engine you have queered the second test.

It would be nice to divide a V8 in half and test one additive one one side the other on the other side that would give the best info.
bruce

quote:

Originally posted by Amkeer:
Why do you think you need to run this beta additive in a vehicle that has had synthetics exclusively?

Daily Drives:
-2003 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner,2.7 liter, 4 cylinder, Mobil1 5w30 ODO 31500
-1995 Toyota 4-Runner,3.0 liter,6 cylinder, Mobil1 5w40 tsuv ODO 109500
http://community.webshots.com/user/amkeer

Thats why i titled the tread just for chits and giggles, i dont really need it from the visuals i get when i peak under the oil cap but i may just wait till 100K.

quote:

Originally posted by bruce381:

quote:

Why do you try HDEO for 1K then again for 1K and pull valve cover then love to see what a increased OCI for a few times would do with out any additives used. Then try RX.
bruce

Im currently running Series 3000 and ive been doing so for the past three oil changes.

TRDUSA2002:
My 3.4L Tacoma (99) has a baffle inside the oil fill hole preventing much of a visual of the valve train or anything inside. You mentioned before how clean yours was ... How can you tell? Borescope? Or is the baffle not there on the 2002 model? Just curious, thanks

Ken

LT4, This would be a good test. Running 1 thousand mile intervals on HDEO. Sounds like that would justify the cost of a bottle of ARX in short order, not to mention a gross waste of scarse resources.

quote:

Originally posted by Rick20:
LT4, This would be a good test. Running 1 thousand mile intervals on HDEO. Sounds like that would justify the cost of a bottle of ARX in short order, not to mention a gross waste of scarse resources.

the idea is to see how WELL just a increased OCI would be heck I will send a free 5 gallon pail of HDEO whaterver grade he wants.
bruce

Go for it. I think we will find that at best some minor surface cleaning will occur. Why not get a reliable compression reading in the suspect vehicle. If deemed lower than optimal, then run a couple short OCI's and recheck. If not then run ARX under proper intructions and check again.

quote:

Bruce,

How many 1K OCI's do you want me to do ?

Do not know maybe 2 or 3? I just always wondered how much if ANY cleaning of sludge would be done with just a HDEO when done with a few short OCI's.
before and after pics.

I'll send you a 5 gallon pail in ? 10/30 grade that would be at least 4 OCI's.
bruce

Use the cheapest oil you can get.

Castrol GTX is not recommended when using AutoRX seeing is has a rather polar base fluid.

Get cheap stuff, nothing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back