Havoline

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLJ

I never see any posts about Havoline. It is an inexpensive oil and years ago was one of the top oils.How does it compare to other oils.

Good stuff - period!
thumbsup2.gif
01.gif

Have used it many times in the last 40+ years of driving. Nothing has blown up yet from using it.

Still a great oil, but limited distribution. It seems restricted to certain regions of the country, or to Advance Auto.
In the NE it seems like Mobil Super has taken over where Havoline left off, as the best quality oil for the money. Havoline is only available at AAP for $25/5qt jug, and even AAP seems to be running oil change specials more with Mobil Super than with Havoline. Autozone has also increased promotions for Mobil Super. Walmart's got Mobil Super for 12.97/5qt jug. Target has individual quarts of Mobil Super for 3.69 and Mobil Special for 2.99.
Havoline is just nowhere to be found, at least not at competitive prices.

Good stuff, I have used it many times, check out the PQIA. I noticed it at a WM for the first time yesterday while checking out the oil isle in south Florida. In Canada, a major retail auto parts chain seems to be the only one carrying it. I don't see it anywhere else.

Originally Posted By: GSCJR
Good stuff, I have used it many times, check out the PQIA. I noticed it at a WM for the first time yesterday while checking out the oil isle in south Florida. In Canada, a major retail auto parts chain seems to be the only one carrying it. I don't see it anywhere else.

Our local W*M's stopped carrying Havoline about 3 years ago. I only see it now at Advance Auto Parts.

I have used Havoline since ~ '79 and it's been very good for all our our cars. At one time, I used it almost exclusively for about 20 + years along with the FRAM OCOD as both were always on sale with a rebate as well.

For many years, I was doing full 4-5 qt oil/filter changes on our vehicles for about $3.00-$4.00/OCI.

I still have a small stash of 5W20(10qts) of SN/GF-5 that I'll use for my daughters car.

Last edited:
I love havoline, and havoline high miles, I think that stuff is the cheapest on dino and high mile on at walmart, I am currently running on my antique car.

BTW: Just because this forum doesnt have alot of discussion on a particular oil,that doesnt mean much as not everyone knows about or uses BITOG
56.gif

Havoline is one of the hard too find brands. We can get it site too store it at wally world, but most local AAP and Az dont carry it regularly. In the past i have used it, never any complaints. With mobil super 5k so cheap i have noticed a lot of people loading up.

Last edited:
I just picked up a jug of 10w40 at walmart this morning to feed our Lincoln with ( it burns a lot of oil ). Havoline was the cheapest 10W40 I could find there for 13.24 a jug, black container.

Originally Posted By: laserred96gt
I just picked up a jug of 10w40 at walmart this morning to feed our Lincoln with ( it burns a lot of oil ). Havoline was the cheapest 10W40 I could find there for 13.24 a jug, black container.

Thats what we pay for Havoline 5w30 in the 5 quart jug.

Used to use it all the time, until most retailers replaced it with QS. Never had a problem and would use it again.
smile.gif

Late 70s, friend used nothing but Havoline in his 2 trucks and wife's car. Seen cases of in in his shed. Wouldn't use anything else. I think he used it in a tractor too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back