MMO vs TCW3 as a fuel additive

I've tried running it all the time but with my vehicles it seems the max I can run it is twice. The mpg drops and doesn't seem to run as good. I have ran it other vehicles every tank without issues must be something with the Duratec's.

Anything is possible, it could also mean that that engine requires less MMO. I noticed if you dose it to much it will cut MPG's. You could try 2-3 ounces/10 gallons and see, or just keep doing what you've been doing.

Looks like you've got it down for your car then!
10.gif

I am still at the start as far as TC-W3 is concerned, however I will say I have been getting a consistent 13.7L/100 Km with TC-W3 (4 fill ups in a row). My truck feels lighter on the stuff than it does with MMO.

been useing mmo for decades. just 5mo ago started putting tc-w3 in the mmo. no better mpg, starts just by thinking about starting it. ampco has top tube bottles, like the old mmo bottles

I'm sure MMO is good stuff but as far as a UCL ask yourself this:
Say you just bought a brand spanking new 600.00 dollar Stihl chainsaw and you need to use it now to save you car from a leaning tree. and the only oil you have to mix your gasoline with is MMO or some TCW3 2 stroke oil, which would you use?

Originally Posted By: TheSitRep

Say you just bought a brand spanking new 600.00 dollar Stihl chainsaw and you need to use it now to save you car from a leaning tree. and the only oil you have to mix your gasoline with is MMO or some TCW3 2 stroke oil, which would you use?

I'd use TCW-3. It's a better lubricant that's a little thicker that burns clean.

Originally Posted By: TheSitRep

For one time to save my car from a leaning tree? TCW3. Adding to the gas in my car, Jeep or van, MMO. I have TCW3 but I keep going back to MMO.

Originally Posted By: andyd
I started using MMO in my small engine fuel. Once I have the engine sorted out and have run a few tanks of fuel dosed with MMO through an engine, it starts easier and I no longer have to tear down the carb to clean out varnish. I have used it on occasion in my cars and have noticed a bit nore pep, but no improvement in MPG

I completely concur as far as carburetors and requiring no maintenance when tc-w3 is used.
I've been using a tc-w3 and either toluene/xylene/acetone mixed in everything I own that burns fuel for years now. A couple years ago I took our fuel invoices for the month and added them up,I then started adding my fankenbrew mix at various ratios,each ratio getting a month in service then again adding up my bills.
I found 6 ounces tc-w3 and a quart of acetone per 100 litres of fuel reduced my monthly fuel consumption pretty significantly.
The air compressors will last 6 hours on a tank of fuel pretty consistently,with the fankenbrew I could get over 7 hours on a tank.
Now multiply that by 12 compressors.
On months where hours worked were very close I took a real close look at fuel consumption before and after implementing adding a fuel treat and I saw differences of over 100 litres less purchased even though hours worked were very close(within 20).
So that's 125 bucks saved for an investment of less than 6 bucks per 100 litres.
I also found that the machines weren't needing any servicing,which whenever there was a significant temp change they ran roughly,but not anymore.
And no fuel leaks from the carbs anymore either.
These machines get the living heck beat out of them daily. No one cares about my tools,they start em,let em run all day,the only time they are off is to fill them with gas.
Add that to the fact they are getting bounced around in the backs of trucks to and from different sites and I'm astonished they last as long as they do.
The last year or so I've also begun using mos2 every second oil change. I've found an even greater fuel savings adding it to the oil,and in the winter they turn over much easier and the men barely ever snap a pull start cord ever now.
So I'm a believer. I didn't find that overdosing does cause a consumption increase,and any more than a quart of acetone to 100 litres fuel doesn't realize a larger fuel savings,so the ratios I've posted are after testing in my own OPE over a period of 4 months.
As far as mmo goes its only in the last few months its been available here I use it in a top end oiler and I'm happy with it thus far in the mustang I'm using it in.
Just my experience,others may have different experiences.

So the average TCW3 dosing is somewhere between 500:1 and 700:1? If my calculations serve me right 1oz per 5 gallons of gas is pretty close to 600:1.

I used it years ago at a higher dosage and noticed ill effects (loss of power, mpg, etc).

Since I've got a couple quarts I'm going to give it another try in the subie at 600:1.

Originally Posted By: snofarmer
MMO lowers the LUBRICITY of diesel fuel.
MMO it's what they call a true snake oil

Read the test results for yourself.
http://www.johnfjensen.com/Diesel_fuel_additive_test.pdf

Old news, and a repeat post of yours from the oil additive section. Gas and diesel are two different animals, and the horse your beating is dead already. The search engine is your friend.

Same good info in a different thread.

so what I posted the same info in a different thread, not everyone is going to read every thread or post.
As members post up their intentions to use ATF, I will post up why not to.

The horse is up and running around as folks still think burning ATF is a good thing.

Last edited:
Same good info in a different thread.

so what I posted the same info in a different thread, not everyone is going to read every thread or post.
As members post up their intentions to use ATF, I will post up why not to.

The horse is up and running around as folks still think burning ATF is a good thing.

Search the board you'll see we've discussed burning ATF too. Still old news and a dead horse.

Yet the subject still comes up in new threads.
this means they did not do a search or read what "was posted" in the past.

The horse is still up and running around the pasture.

Al long as "they" still ask about atf, I'll respond with the "old" info.
thanks

Yet the subject still comes up in new threads.
this means they did not do a search or read what "was posted" in the past.

The horse is still up and running around the pasture.

Al long as "they" still ask about atf, I'll respond with the "old" info.
thanks

5 seconds worth of searching about the ATF you brought up.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2980311

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1401038

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=684193

There's more. Enjoy!

BTW who recently asked about ATF?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: demarpaint
TCW3 is oil to be mixed with gas for 2 cycle water cooled gasoline engines (outboard boat engines). It is ashless and meets NMMA TC-W3 standards. There are a lot of people using it as a UCL in their cars and claim increased mpgs, and some other benefits similar to MMO. That's why I started this thread, I wanted to see what benefits if any, other members are seeing using either of these products.

Demarpaint, how about any updates?

I have been using 2oz (in Top Tier gas) to 4oz (non-top tier) per 10 gallons
and have been getting close to 20 mpg at times in my 4.6 liter F150

I'm going to mix MMO and TCW-III 50/50 and start to use it at 2oz per 10 gallons (1oz in 5) in all fuels.

640:1 TCW-3 on this '07 500 Rubicon since day 1

needless to say I run it in all my 4T engines.

Back