Michelin Light Truck Tire Recall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: matrass
thanks for the heads up. wonder what kind of issues they have been having.

According to their website: ".....partial or full sidewall perforations that could cause them to experience loss of air pressure....."

I'm not sure what that means, but it is possible that they were using an awl to take out some bubbles and went too deep.

Interesting to note they will replace any tire on the list even if unaffected.

Always the mark of a great company to do what is right regardless of cost or inconvenience. I buy a ton of their tires and did have one bad one, they replaced it super easy and quickly.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Interesting to note they will replace any tire on the list even if unaffected.

Always the mark of a great company to do what is right regardless of cost or inconvenience. I buy a ton of their tires and did have one bad one, they replaced it super easy and quickly.

Just an FYI, Michelin is REQUIRED to replace the tires according to the government regulations. Even though there are ways to identify WHICH particular tires are affected, the rules regarding recalls is that the tire recalls are done by date code.

This also applies to cars. Even though a car may a VIN, the recall is done by VIN range and not by individual vehicle. Yes, yes, if a car doesn't have the particular part on it, it isn't part of the recall, but the way it is stated identifies what vehicles are affected - eg. only vehicles with a 4 speed automatic transmission, etc. Just because they can identify individual transmissions, the recall is stated as affecting them all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back