Street Used Race Oil OCI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im asking for a friend, he does 3k/3months no matter what oil he uses on his Altima SE-R. The car is beat on daily, im talking redline shifts all the time. His fill for the last 2 years is Amsoil Signature 5w-30, i convinced him that Amsoil is a energy conserving oil and will do no better than any other synthetic for 3k/3months. He is gonna try Redline 5w-30 under my recommendation, but im thinking he could benefit from his favorite Amsoil brand.

How would an Amsoil Dominator 10w-30 Race Oil hold up to 3k/3month OCI. Price isnt really an issue.

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
Is the 3K OCI based on anything tangible?

Tangible? Its 3k/3months or if the oil gets too dark sooner. This last oil change he dumped the Amsoil Signature out at 2100 miles cause it was too dark lol

Originally Posted By: randomhero439

Tangible? Its 3k/3months or if the oil gets too dark sooner. This last oil change he dumped the Amsoil Signature out at 2100 miles cause it was too dark lol

Tangible....or why/what is he basing his 3K OCI on?

Originally Posted By: LargeCarManX2

Tangible....or why/what is he basing his 3K OCI on?

Usually how dark his oil is, and general ignorance.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
He could go *cheap* and get VR1 10W30.

I agree it was $4/qt at my orielly last week. Is that suitable for 3k/3month though? He would rather use Amsoil at double the price, whether it makes a difference or not in performance.

Is that suitable for 3k/3month though?

Abasolutely! I emailed Valvoline and asked them,and they said it`d be perfect for a 3/3k oci.

Obviously he has more money than sense so whats it matter...? you aren't going to convince him to use a cheaper oil let alone a non-synthetic oil. Is the car even something to worry about? I mean is it built, boosted or stock SE-R that makes 180 hp?

The Dominator will easily last 3,000 miles and I think the Z-Rod would work for him as well.

Then again just about any 10W-30 out there will work for him in that motor at 3,000 intervals.

Im asking for a friend, he does 3k/3months no matter what oil he uses on his Altima SE-R. The car is beat on daily, im talking redline shifts all the time. His fill for the last 2 years is Amsoil Signature 5w-30, i convinced him that Amsoil is a energy conserving oil and will do no better than any other synthetic for 3k/3months. He is gonna try Redline 5w-30 under my recommendation, but im thinking he could benefit from his favorite Amsoil brand.

How would an Amsoil Dominator 10w-30 Race Oil hold up to 3k/3month OCI. Price isnt really an issue.

I like the Dominator, but it is not a street oil. Use Z rod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back