What happened to TechnoLoGs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: dwcopple
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Rand and I had similar fun with GHT (we even posted his mug shot on here) but that didn't seem to phase him at all
was that the Burger King photo or a real mugshot? link please, I need to LMAO.

It was a real mugshot.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
With all the bait that was thrown at him, he showed a lot of restraint and lasted surprisingly long before he took the hook. I commend him for trying. I also thank him for the comic relief.

+1 Pete. I enjoyed reading his Taurus thread purely for the entertainment value, which was high imo. And for whatever reason or reasons he did manage get under some poster's skin. But, he took most of the carp thrown his way and let it roll off fairly well, and there was lots of it. Better than I would have. He was persistent if nothing else. As a joke I was going to post the 'BK Ding Fries are Done' youtube on the a Taurus thread, asking if it was him in his younger days. But after reading all shots he was taking, thought better of piling on.

One question though based on reading this thread. How would someone that's not a moderator be able to tell if a poster had the same IP address as another poster? Just curious.

Rand and I had similar fun with GHT (we even posted his mug shot on here) but that didn't seem to phase him at all

It was a real mugshot.
see above

Originally Posted By: dishdude
This isn't the only site that he has entertaining threads in. He also posted the play by play destruction of the Volvo on another site.

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread....0-XC-AWD-thanks

I love that all the people who are here moaning and groaning about him are the ones who keep "feeding" him by slathering him with excess attention.

I just went through that Volvo thread linked above and laughed so hard that I have tears streaming down my face.

I have never been a real believer in the concept of ADHD. This guy has me reconsidering my position.

I enjoyed both the Volvo and the Taurus threads. Could he have made better choices? Sure. Could he have made choices that would have been more financially prudent and, in turn would have also had the benefit of making his life easier? Yes. Hopefully, for him, someday he will realize this and make the necessary adjustments to avoid future dysfunction.

However, one of the unintended benefits of his questionable choices have been entertaining threads. There have been many times that I get on this forum when he is in the middle of one of his "projects" just to see what he is doing. There are times that most of us have tried to offer sound advice; however, he at least chronologically is "grown" and has the right to do as he wishes. If we can't help stop the train wreck, we may as well enjoy the ride.

He is entertaining as all get out, and certainly most people seem to agree that he is, given the number of hits that his threads receive. I hope that he returns to continue the thread and shares his other trials and tribulations with us.

For those with all the outrage about him, there are plenty of other threads on this site to peruse.

Last edited:
602749_445954968804388_1565592972_n.jpg

It was a real mugshot.
see above

I saw the request, just am a bit apprehensive to provide a link given it was removed the last time I posted it.

I'm a fan of the random self portraits, and how could you not love a random shot of an American Eagle storefront in a car forum?

there are other obnoxious posters in here and some every bit as entertaining as Techno's. He's an easy target....however, a lot of his questions were legit and no more stupid than some in here.

Taking advantage of the medical/legal system? There are also a few others in here that appear to be taking advantage of the workers comp/ disability system.

Like some other readers in here for sure, there are a few, although admitedly very few, regular posters that I don't care to read about and their problems/questions....I simply don't open their threads when I see their name. I don't care about their question and they don't care about my resposes....fair enough from both sides.

Originally Posted By: Fleetmon
there are other obnoxious posters in here and some every bit as entertaining as Techno's. He's an easy target....however, a lot of his questions were legit and no more stupid than some in here.

Remember, this is mechanical help forum. Most of his questions were in the right place. Car q's in Mech/Maint, life questions in G&OT. If you feel like helping, help. If you don't, don't.

I'm a fan of the random self portraits, and how could you not love a random shot of an American Eagle storefront in a car forum?

LMAO. When I saw those useless pics, I blew my stack. Thankfully, Quattro Pete brought me back down to earth.
cool.gif

Originally Posted By: babyivan

LMAO. When I saw those useless pics, I blew my stack. Thankfully, Quattro Pete brought me back down to earth.
cool.gif

I was on a conference call reading those posts when you blew up at him, and literally laughed out loud without the phone being on mute. That entire exchange totally made my day - and everyone else on the call. And for that, I thank you!

Originally Posted By: Miller88
How did he go from MA to PA?

People move all the time. I've lived in 7 states over the past 20 years or so.

I was on a conference call reading those posts when you blew up at him, and literally laughed out loud without the phone being on mute. That entire exchange totally made my day - and everyone else on the call. And for that, I thank you!

HAHA, no problem! I did start to feel bad though, when he brought up SSI and his psych issues.

Originally Posted By: RF Overlord
I have to agree that whatever his faults, real or perceived, he was a good sport. He must have very thick skin.

At this point, he's gotta know that he is gonna get a lot of sh!t for his nonsense questions/posts. I think he deals with it because he eventually gets some members to join him in his ADHD vortex trying to answer his "tech" questions.

Originally Posted By: Miller88
How did he go from MA to PA? Or was the Volvo or Taurus a troll?

In the Volvo thread, he does bring up being from Hudson County , NJ.
BTW, I love how the Volvo guys deal with him, that thread is very entertaining!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back