Nokian eNTYRE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I have been very pleased with my Michelin Primacy MXV4 tires, I like to keep my options open.

I'm aware Nokian is one of the best for dedicated winter tires, and the WR/WRG2/WRG3 line seems to be regarded quite well, with the exception of rather varied treadlife reports.

Does anyone have any experience with the Nokian eNTYRE? I see all conditions here in Chicago, and the MXV4 have handled most of them within reason, but there could be room for improvement.

Note: due to housing situation, a set of dedicated winter tires and wheels, while optimal, are not an option for me.

We have the Primacy on our Camry, and if you are happy with them I. Snow then you will be happy with anything--horrible on our FWD Camry.

So far I like the entyre on my Jetta, but I would not run them in winter. I just don't see how they would have any traction. I might try it this year, but only because my two other vehicles need snows and I don't feel like buying three sets of tires.

I tried the WR, but would only do again if I was driving 25kmiles per year. Then I could buy a new set every fall. They got noisy twards the end, and the good snow traction is in the first half of th tread.

I have found the MXV4 to be very decent in snow for an all-season tire, however rather poor when it comes to slushy conditions.

I'm hoping to find a tire that has what the Primacy MXV4 has going for it (quiet, comfortable, great wet traction) that may have better winter performance, without trading off too much in treadlife. I've got 43K on my Primacy's and there is still good tread left.

Originally Posted By: supton
We have the Primacy on our Camry, and if you are happy with them in snow then you will be happy with anything--horrible on our FWD Camry.

Sorry, iPad autocorrect error.

Last edited:
I have heard decent life from a Subaru owner with these tires who has a long commute. No idea what influences that but the Nokian WR G2 did 55k on my wife's Legacy GT before a raised pothole destroyed them.

I don't think eTyre is a winter tire just a plain all-season.

Originally Posted By: rjundi
I have heard decent life from a Subaru owner with these tires who has a long commute. No idea what influences that....

It's the long commute. Straight ahead driving is practically free.

Had the eNTYRE on my 2008 Honda Accord V6. Very quiet compared to the OEM Michelins. Worked OK in light snow/slush. I had dedicated snows for the remainder of the winter. Long wearing. Had approx 50% tread life at 40K miles, but I am easy on tires.

Sold that car so no further info. Wish it were available for my 2012 TL.

Originally Posted By: CapriRacer
Originally Posted By: rjundi
I have heard decent life from a Subaru owner with these tires who has a long commute. No idea what influences that....

It's the long commute. Straight ahead driving is practically free.

That explains my wife getting wonderful life out of tires including Bridgestone RE92a, Nokian WR G2 and Conti Extreme DWS with 215/45/17's all at least v-rated. 70 mile RT commute 3 days/week.

Originally Posted By: Hollow
I'm aware Nokian is one of the best for dedicated winter tires, and the WR/WRG2/WRG3 line seems to be regarded quite well, with the exception of rather varied treadlife reports.

I think their treadlife goes hand in hand with ambient temps. The further south you use them, the quicker they'll wear.

If you're looking for a capable all-season tire for your Subaru, also check out Conti DWS. Not sure if they make them in your size...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back