Trans-X

Status
Not open for further replies.
"

Features & Benefits
Use K&W Trans-X® High Mileage Automatic Transmission Treatment in vehicles with 75,000 miles or more. This high tech formula extends transmission life, restores viscosity, lowers temperatures and stops leaks in automatic transmissions.

Extends transmission life
Restores viscosity
Lowers temperatures
Stops leaks

"

Sounds like the equivalent of Lucas "thicker fixes everything" garbage.

Skip it. Use quality ATF only.

Quote:
...high tech formula extends transmission life, restores viscosity,

Wow! It knows what the viscosity of my ATF is and brings it back to the original viscosity.
shocked.gif

Ght. Didn't you just change your tranny fluid. If so what do you expect to gain by adding this stuff.
It claims to restore viscosity. If you just changed the fluid the viscosity is fine. It claims to stop leaks. That one concerns me. Does the compound used to swell the seal to stop the leak play nice in a tranny considering all the parts involved.
How exactly does it lower temperature?
I know using thinner oil in my engine will dissipate heat quicker,so how exactly does this stuff intend to lower fluid temps.
You've already put new fluid in the tranny. The fluids additive package is exactly where the manufacturer wants it to be. Adding a product that includes ingredients to "fix" other issues may or may not clash with existing additive package.
When it comes to transmissions I don't think it's wise to add anything. An automatic tranny has a millions different micro-systems that need to work as designed and arbitrarily adding something when you don't know the additives formula is a recipe for disaster.
However in my experience here I've seen you destroy a few things,so "have it your way" and blow this up too

I remember back in the late 70s, a school teacher with a 73 Dodge Dart and a slipping transmission bought a bottle of "Trans X" or at least I thought it was....the bottle was clear and the fluid with a goldish color and actually had particles floating in it!! Seemingly metallic particles that supposed to imbed itself into worn clutch plates/bands and make them grip instead of slip.Havent seen anything like that ever since.I never found out how long the tranny lasted,but for $6.00 he was risking it anyway.

Trans X is supposibly a tune up...a cleaner,that frees sticky valves and such.I dont know about the stop leak part,but I have used it before and it worked for a sticky C6 that wouldnt get out of 2nd gear.The truck sat for a year when it got stuck.

Originally Posted By: Clevy
Ght. Didn't you just change your tranny fluid. If so what do you expect to gain by adding this stuff.
It claims to restore viscosity. If you just changed the fluid the viscosity is fine. It claims to stop leaks. That one concerns me. Does the compound used to swell the seal to stop the leak play nice in a tranny considering all the parts involved.
How exactly does it lower temperature?
I know using thinner oil in my engine will dissipate heat quicker,so how exactly does this stuff intend to lower fluid temps.
You've already put new fluid in the tranny. The fluids additive package is exactly where the manufacturer wants it to be. Adding a product that includes ingredients to "fix" other issues may or may not clash with existing additive package.
When it comes to transmissions I don't think it's wise to add anything. An automatic tranny has a millions different micro-systems that need to work as designed and arbitrarily adding something when you don't know the additives formula is a recipe for disaster.
However in my experience here I've seen you destroy a few things,so "have it your way" and blow this up too

I don't think you want to know how many bottles of TransX I ultimately put in the fluid BEFORE i used the siphon................

As to the new ATF, I mean.. eah, it is new ATF in there. AND putting in 6 quarts - more than the gallon I had previously changed, at very frequent intervals - is making it last the best.. BUT there is more to be done Pan drop, new filter, reinstall.

I, in my completely UNscientific opinion AND best-case scenario mind, also evidenced by how the car shifts PERFECTLY, think that there is some kind of overheat/partial block of the 3rd/OD solenoid or internal part, that, with LOTS of new fluid, cleaning, very powerful at first BEFORE a pan dropm then when added ot new filter and fluid.. and TransX.. and LGR.. will clean it up completely.[/b] Remember, the fluid comes out the color of Cognac.

If my trannny was THAT bad, it would NEVER shift perfect. Has NOT slipped since the new 6 quarts were in, but still exhibited sympton at the end of a VERY long day, JC NJ -- Philadelphia -- Atlantic City - -Philadelhpia -- NJ, WITH a passenger....

And TransX looks more like Minute Maid Hi-C Fruit Punch now.

Cleans varnish out of internals and swells seals to stop weeping. I put a quart in my Fury transmission change several years ago when I changed the oil and filter. Still in there, and the transmission is working fine and not leaking. Other than those uses, I would stay with a good quality ATF only.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
How many GHT transmission threads do we have going now, 5? This is absolutely mental.
+1000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back