Who Sells Wix Filters ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazon.
smile.gif

if you want to buy in bulk and save money, consider fleetfilter.com as they offer Napa Gold (Wix) filters. The savings can be substantial, if you buy in bulk. Not worth the shipping cost if you only want one or two at a time.

It REALLY makes a BIG difference if you buy expensive filters. Some of the more expensive filters can be nearly 50% cheaper.

Napa rebrands wix filters as their own house brand.
I would have thought an engine builder would have access,and use good accessory parts such as wix filters.
What exactly is the shop you work for called again?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Clevy
I would have thought an engine builder would have access,and use good accessory parts such as wix filters.
Maybe they use Fram. You see a lot of Frams on built engines displayed in hot rod magazines.

Wix should also be available at some independent auto parts stores.

Originally Posted By: TallPaul
Originally Posted By: Clevy
Maybe they use Fram. You see a lot of Frams on built engines displayed in hot rod magazines.

Wix should also be available at some independent auto parts stores.

Possible. I just assumed(obviously incorrectly) that an engine building shop would have a supplier for everything possible.

O'Reilly's and Auto-Value are the two stores near me that sells Wix filters. I'm planning to buy bulk online from either rockauto or that fleetfilter site.

we use group 7 or prime guard oil filters both under $2.00 in bulk
Sometimes if we dont have one in stock we use purolator or whatever from the auto parts store.

Last edited:
I have both a Wix 51042 and a Napa Gold 1042 sitting here and they are identical other then the sticker on them. If you want a Wix just buy Napa Golds when they go on sale and stock up.

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
we use group 7 or prime guard oil filters both under $2.00 in bulk
Sometimes if we dont have one in stock we use purolator or whatever from the auto parts store.

Can't beat the price, but I would stick with Wix/NAPA Gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back