Xado brought compression back up>:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi BITOG'ers,

We have an 08 Versa with the MR18DE nasty engine. Very loud and noisy. Last Summer I checked the compression number while anti-seizing the plugs. I found the #3 cylinder was down 21psi compared to the others. A month ago I decided to give XADO EX120 a try. 3,000kms after application I comp tested again - All 4 cylinders are now equal - 210psi across the board.
Also the engine runs smother than when we bought it>:)

I know there is a lot of skepticism around here on additives - even in the additive section, but this one has really worked for me!

My2cents

Last edited:
Oil doesn't fix bad compression. Perhaps the compression test was not done correctly the first time?

Originally Posted By: dparm
Oil doesn't fix bad compression. Perhaps the compression test was not done correctly the first time?

This is a additive, not a motor oil.

I would concur. I've used several Xado and Friktiontek ceramic based products with stellar results.

Originally Posted By: nicholas
Hi BITOG'ers,

We have an 08 Versa with the MR18DE nasty engine. Very loud and noisy. Last Summer I checked the compression number while anti-seizing the plugs. I found the #3 cylinder was down 21psi compared to the others. A month ago I decided to give XADO EX120 a try. 3,000kms after application I comp tested again - All 4 cylinders are now equal - 210psi across the board.
Also the engine runs smother than when we bought it>:)

I know there is a lot of skepticism around here on additives - even in the additive section, but this one has really worked for me!

My2cents

There might be something to this xado stuff, I bought 4L of xado 5w-30 back in april because I was curious and wanted to try it. http://xado.us/oils-xado-cat/synthetic-motor-oils/xado-atomic-oil-5w-30-sm-cf Holy [censored] the price went up an extra $20 for 4L since then. I can report a drastic reduction in engine noise and engine overall seems a lot smoother than anything else I have tried (LM MoS2 a close second)in the 10yrs I've had the car. Not sure if I want to spend the money again next OCI, It's made in Holland by Eurol oils with xado additive and has very pleasant lemon scent to it. A little info can be found here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XADO My $.02

I see that stuff advertised in Popular Mechanics. It's very cool to hear that it seems to do something!

Yes, definite results - mpg's up a small %

The smoothness- power - and noise reduction were amazing.
I have used LubroMoly before and though that was good.

The EX120 has really won me over - especially on a loud and knocky engine.

OK, I will be the bad guy here.

How do you know the MPG is up "a small %"? Define small percent. And whatever it was, you know this was due to the Xado, how?

And the smoothness- power - and noise reduction were "amazing"? Amazing, really?

Originally Posted By: S_Walmer
There might be something to this xado stuff, I bought 4L of xado 5w-30 back in april because I was curious and wanted to try it. http://xado.us/oils-xado-cat/synthetic-motor-oils/xado-atomic-oil-5w-30-sm-cf Holy [censored] the price went up an extra $20 for 4L since then. I can report a drastic reduction in engine noise and engine overall seems a lot smoother than anything else I have tried (LM MoS2 a close second)in the 10yrs I've had the car. Not sure if I want to spend the money again next OCI, It's made in Holland by Eurol oils with xado additive and has very pleasant lemon scent to it. A little info can be found here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XADO My $.02

Is the stand alone xado additive itself made in the Netherlands as well, or is it produced in Eastern Europe somewhere??

I don't know where its made - bought it off a Canadian distributor, it was the 3 step system - EX120.

MPG's up 2-5% depending on how I drive/ CTY/HWY - According to my scan tool through the OBD2 port - so as accurate as I can measure.

If you search versa engine - you will see hundreds of #3 cylinder problems - and that is what we had - low compression and A LOT of noise during loads.
Sorry to sound so hokey - but I thought we were going to need a new car and this one was just paid off. So after using a product that repaired the compression and brought back our little engine I was more than happy - using the word amazing seemed appropriate for my mood.

Anyway - just sharing my results because people < I myself have done this > spend money on products that do nothing. Just sharing my results -

Originally Posted By: dailydriver
Originally Posted By: S_Walmer

Is the stand alone xado additive itself made in the Netherlands as well, or is it produced in Eastern Europe somewhere??
Very good question, I'm not really sure about where the xado additive itself it made (assumed to be ukraine) this has been my first purchase of xado products, 5w-30 atomic oil specifically. I can't really comment on there other products as I haven't tried them yet.

Originally Posted By: kschachn
OK, I will be the bad guy here.

How do you know the MPG is up "a small %"? Define small percent. And whatever it was, you know this was due to the Xado, how?

And the smoothness- power - and noise reduction were "amazing"? Amazing, really?

What about the increase in compression? That would attest to the smoothness and increase in power wouldn't it? If those were the only improvements I'd be very happy. It appears the product did something for him and was worth the investment. Opinions vary.

I am willing to put *anything* in my lawnmower as long as it is less than $20 a pop. Please provide me a pointer and I will buy it and scientifically test it.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
I am willing to put *anything* in my lawnmower as long as it is less than $20 a pop. Please provide me a pointer and I will buy it and scientifically test it.
Perhaps This?

I used 3 of these -

http://xado.us/revitalizant/ex-120-revitalizant-gas-lpg

If you've gotta use 3 of them how good can the product really be?
I've seen these ceramic additives before. Lubro-moly makes one called cera-tec. I'd try it first simply because I've used it before and my experience with the company has proven to me that everything they make performs as advertised.
Mos2 makes these same claims,at 8 bucks a can(or less).
I've used mos2 in my chev work van. It's a 305,and burned a quart a week(300kms maybe).

Van has something insane like 450000kms on it. Mos2 eliminated the oil burning problem.

You are? I'm not. I like my lawnmower and paid good money for it
smirk.gif

Originally Posted By: Vikas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back