PYB is the BEST

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just thought i'd share my great experence with pyb. My 2003 silverado has been ticking for about the last 5000 miles and nothing i did would quiet it down. It would also seem to consume almost a quart every 1500 miles. I have used gtx in the past mostly. I switched to pyb after lerking around bitog for so long. It seemed a perfect fit for my 4.3 vortec. I have been running pyb 5w30 for the last 1000 miles and i love it! It has almost silenced the ticking sound, and has burned absolutely NO oil. I think i found "my oil" and for 15$ an oil change, i guess you cant beat pyb !!

I've found that PYB reduced the whole piston slap at start up in my 5.3 chev. For the price its great oil.
Best however is very tough to actually prove. With so many different applications and drivers what works best for one driver isn't always ideal for another,even when used in the same model vehicle.
I'm happy that you found a product you like and is working well.

Right on. PYB was in one of my old engines when a stuck ring got freed up.
21.gif

If you cant afford PU or PP,PYB is always a fine choice.They dont make junk.

While we aren't suppose to say that there is a best oil, many here will tell you that the best conventional oil is PYB and Mobil Super 5000.

My Son has been running PYB in his old beater Mercedez. The car runs much smoother on this oil. He's real happy with it. I have been running the HM in my Ranger and will continue to do so. While my engine wasn't real noisy to begin with, It's quiet as a mouse now.

Several other Jeepers and I have not been able to find any oil that runs quieter in the old 4.0 than PYB. Great stuff, very smooth too!

I, too, am impressed with Pennzoil. I have Pennz Plat in both my vehicles and they both run extra smooth and quiet.
thumbsup2.gif
01.gif

Originally Posted By: Capa
While we aren't suppose to say that there is a best oil, many here will tell you that the best conventional oil is PYB and Mobil Super 5000.

I'm one of them. Can't go wrong with either of them.

I feel a little better now. Pennzoil site rates PYB and HM 2 stars out of 5. That was reason enough till just now to to dump my HM early. That page is just dumb:) Oh. You can see the oil drain holes in the piston pictures. Those are the holes you don't want to plug up.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: MetalSlug
Is penzoil high miles same moly as regular one or any better ?

User name Toto posted a UOA and listed the Moly at 237. So I'd guess it's the same from PYB UOAs I have seen.

Last edited:
I wonder about folks enrolled in the Pennzoil Warranty Program.
I think QS was doing something like it too.

I have a 2000 Silverado 5.3 and the ONLY reason I went with synthetic oil was to try and quiet the piston slap I have. I know people say the whole piston slap thing is over blown, but it's annoying as anything if your the one stuck with it (especially those that live up north in winter). I switched from PP to PYB after running it over 5 years and 125,000 miles and my truck seems quieter on conventional. Oil looks the same as synthetic after 3,000 miles so far on OCI and hasn't burnt a drop that I can tell. The new SN version is great and much cheaper. It worked well for me. Congrats to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back