New owner of a CX-5!

Status
Not open for further replies.
As some of you know a while back I test drove a CX-5 and truly liked what I experienced. It was pretty much a game changer the second I drove it, nothing else comes close (for the same money). I was going to wait until after OCS but the numbers were really good right now so today I signed on the dotted line. I wanted a '14 AWD Grand Touring with the GT Tech package in either Soul Red or Sky Blue. Unfortunately the dealer didn't have any in that color, for what I wanted I had two options; black or silver. I told them that if the dollar was right I wasn't opposed to Silver. They responded with a fairly decent price of $30,682. $31,345 MSRP + $358 Accessories = $31,703 so I got a nice $1,021. Add in my $500 military discount which brings the price down to $30,182 and my amount off the car up to $1,521. Factor in a $7,000 trade-in, add taxes/fees and I walked out the door with a $25,244.80 loan at .9% for 60 months. If I were to actually take the loan to it's entirety total interest accumulated would only total $591.20. I'm very happy with the purchase and decently happy with the price.

Look, easy access plugs!!!

Now, given DI. Has anyone found anything to do to help alleviate deposit buildup?

Last edited:
Very nice! If I were in the market for a car now, I'd look at the CX-5, but I think the new Mazda "6" is the bees knees.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: montero1
Very nice! If I were in the market for a car now, I'd look at the CX-5, but I think the new Mazda "6" is the bees knees.

I looked at the 6, very nice indeed. If I were single and were looking for a fun while also fuel efficient vehicle. That'd be it. I traded in my mom's Sebring for the CX-5 and I gave her my Charger. I wanted something that was still fun to drive and delivered on performance. Due to the GF and a wedding later this year I was pushed to make a more "family oriented" decision and get the CX-5 over the 6.

Congrats. Very nice car. While the AWD is not up to Subaru's standards, I bet it handles fantastic and drives better overall.

Wondering if Mazda has done anything to cut down on intake valve deposits..sort of like Toyota and the dual Port/Direct injection.

Also, which oil would be best for reduced deposits? Guess for that vehicle you should run the Mazda 0w20 with Moly.

I will say, I have purchased 4 new Mazda's from the Lexington KY dealer, Paul Miller and got all 4 well below invoice. Drove a '14 6 but ended up getting the wife a CPO Bimmer.

I hear a lot of good things about Pennzoil Platinum and Ultra. They might be worth a try. I wasn't aware of Mazda having a problem with deposit buildup.

Originally Posted By: Mark_Walk
Wondering if Mazda has done anything to cut down on intake valve deposits..sort of like Toyota and the dual Port/Direct injection.

Also, which oil would be best for reduced deposits? Guess for that vehicle you should run the Mazda 0w20 with Moly.

iirc, Mazda attempted to fix it with interesting valve timing, and keeping valve temperatures higher compared to other engines. Or something like that. At any rate I haven't heard of any deposit issues with the skyactiv engine.

my wife wants one, there are a handfull of these at the local dealer market from $28,xxx down to $22,xxx i stopped and looked at them. Yours is very ,very nice !

Am i seeing this right ? is the valve cover plastic ?

Last edited:
It seems Mazda did a lot of research on this issue, looks promising time will tell. I was just reading about this last evening.

Quote:
To eliminate the problem of intake valve deposits that plague current direct gasoline injection engines, the engineers at Mazda determined that deposits are formed when intake valve temperatures fall below 400 degrees C. Measures were taken so that the intake valve would operate above this point to reduce deposit formation.

Link: http://www.motoiq.com/MagazineArticles/i...technology.aspx

Really nice. I like the colour and the plastic wheel housing trip protection.

It's got a Lexus/Audi front and mirrors the new Toyota Rav on the back.

DI, 4 cyl, 60 months .9%, 25 g loan, I'd say you did pretty good.

Hopefully you don't run the oil consumption 0W 20 stuff........

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: zloveraz
It seems Mazda did a lot of research on this issue, looks promising time will tell. I was just reading about this last evening.

Quote:
To eliminate the problem of intake valve deposits that plague current direct gasoline injection engines, the engineers at Mazda determined that deposits are formed when intake valve temperatures fall below 400 degrees C. Measures were taken so that the intake valve would operate above this point to reduce deposit formation.

Link: http://www.motoiq.com/MagazineArticles/i...technology.aspx

Sounds promising. I thought I read something similar but it has been awhile.

I believe many manufacturers (Ford, for example) are using valve timing to keep intake valve temps high and deposits low, so Mazda isn't alone here. Time will tell whether it works with the SkyActive engines as they haven't been on the market long enough for deposits to be be an issue.

Very nice vehicle & color!
My wife and I both like the CX-5 but, my wife likes the previous grill and I like the new one.

Best of luck with your new CX-5
smile.gif

Congrats! I like the related Mazda6 a lot.

Nice they dumped the tiny 2.0L motor in the upper models and have a nicer engine for them.

Originally Posted By: rjundi
Congrats! I like the related Mazda6 a lot.

Nice they dumped the tiny 2.0L motor in the upper models and have a nicer engine for them.

So far I'm very happy with the 2.5l, good mileage and it performs when needed. Getting used to the sounds of a 4 banger still lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back