Question for Pablo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Formula 4-Stroke 10W-30/SAE 30 Small Engine Oil Group 4?

I plan to use AZO 0-30 in my Honda and F150 for my next oil change. They both call for 5-20. Would that be OK?

Could I use that same oil in my four Honda engined lawnmowers, edger, and power washer. I've been using the Formula 4-stroke. It would be really nice if everything used the same oil.

Originally Posted By: MolaKule
Recommend you send Pablo a PM for a swift answer.

I did as you suggested. Thanks.

With a NOACK of only 4.4% and it's price it's hard to imagine that Amsoil's ASE 10W-30 would not be largely PAO based.
If you don't mind the price this oil would be very good for lawnmowers etc. That's what it is intended for.

For your Honda (you didn't mention what year and model) and F150 you could use it but it is just an SL oil and of course it is considerably heavier than necessary. Amsoil of course has more suitable grades for your vehicles. I'd suggest their OEZ 0W-20 if you're not under warranty as it's viscosity characteristic most closely approximates what's spec'd; actually better than their 5W-20 and it's the same price.

Quite frankly any API 5W-20 bought on sale would be more suitable than Formula 4-stroke ASE 10W-30 for your car and truck.

Hope this helps.

you won't get an answer its PROPRIETY!!!! but Penrite, Redline + others tell you what they use but not how much. i am disappointed in Amsoil of late for sure

Originally Posted By: benjy
you won't get an answer its PROPRIETY!!!! but Penrite, Redline + others tell you what they use but not how much. i am disappointed in Amsoil of late for sure

Did you contact Penrite, Redline + others and ask for their formulations? What did they tell you?

I have never seen a public disclosure of Penrite, Redline + others formulas.

Nor will you see one for Amsoil, Pennzoil, Mobil, Kendall, SuperTech, Peak, DG, BP, Casttrol,.........

Last edited:

I love your comments.

Originally Posted By: zpinch

I love your comments.

Then you are going to be continuously, deliriously happy since there are many such comments, nearly all identical in theme and content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back