NBC Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why in the world would NBC sports broadcast tire failures, Vettel's retirement, and Nicos win IMMEDIATELY BEFOREthey broadcast the race? They did that at Monaco too.

No spoiler alert - NADA. Makes watching the race (which was pretty good) anticlimactic.

Sportvision would have never done it.

Um, the race was on CNBC here. The rebroadcast was after the race was over. I DVR the live broadcast and watch that later when I wake up, 0430 wake up on a Sunday makes for an unhappy me.

Originally Posted By: ARMY_Guy
And the race was 40 minutes late being broadcast too! Speed was so much better man, this NBCSports F1 biz, saddens me.
-A

well, don't forget speed is going away too. becoming "fox sports 1" in... Aug.(i think)

Originally Posted By: Errtt
You mean something was said besides Lucas this Lucas that & more Lucas this & Lucas that

Yeah that's Speed not NBC at least not yet....

So I'm not the only one. I avoided all media (social and otherwise) all day so I could watch later. I pressed play on the DVR and immediately it was a race recap (giving away the result) leading into 2hrs of Tour de France coverage. I was [censored].

Originally Posted By: earlyre
Originally Posted By: ARMY_Guy
And the race was 40 minutes late being broadcast too! Speed was so much better man, this NBCSports F1 biz, saddens me.
-A

well, don't forget speed is going away too. becoming "fox sports 1" in... Aug.(i think)

So, it will then become (even MORE than it is currently) a NASCAR (and other related/jive carp) every time, 200% of the time??

Originally Posted By: gofast182
leading into 2hrs of Tour de France coverage

THIS ^^^ and any of their other pro cycling coverage, is my ONLY use for NBC Sports.
wink.gif

Drag racing fans had the same issue the other weekend. Sportscenter broadcast the funny car finals (probably because it was Force vs Force) 5 minutes before the TV coverage began airing. Tough luck for anyone who tuned in a little early. I heard there was no spoiler alert there either.

I am disgusted with NBC Sports as well. The actual coverage of the race is not bad for their first year in a new sport. The part I don't like is: 'where is the TV schedule for broadcast of the F1 race?' I happened to be listening to the very end of the F1 Qual and David Hobbs said the race is to be broadcast on CNBC! I have DIRECTV satellite service and didn't know IF I even had CNBC or where it was, i.e. what channel. It took a while searching the net to find it on channel 355 and then go to the channel to verify I actually had it. For such a major world wide event, the F1 TV schedule is treated like a government secret. The most revealing point here is the F1 race was preempted by the Tour de France. Did the F1 fans have a notice from NBC Sports to tune in to the live race on CNBC at XXX time? Did the NBC Sports channel have any notice saying they would broadcast a 'delayed airing' of the race on Channel NBC Sports at XXX time? Did they clearly post the dates and times and channels on their web site? BTW their web site is pitiful. It was written and posted pre season and hasn't been updated since! It is talking about the first six weeks of the F1 schedule. The answer was 'NO' to all of the above questions. The F1 fans deserve better treatment by NBC Sports PROGRAMMERS. Like I said, the coverage is pretty good for the first time out in a complex sport, the priorities and scheduling and giving notice of the changes is what was so poor and what needs to change NOW. Does anyone know where to write the NBC big wigs so this gross oversite won't be ignored? We need a write in campaign on this! Formula 1 fan , not a NBC Sports fan.

I had no issues with finding what channel all the races are on and at the proper times. Worst case scenario I search for "Formula One" on my cable box. Also knowing the actual time the races starts local time and then converting that to your local time would indicate that a showing 4 hours later on NBCSN is obviously tape delayed. All of the European races start at the same time, just the fly-aways are changed.

I really wish there could be a 24/7 international motorsport channel with everything BUT; NASCAR, tractor pulls, mudders, monster trucks, towing/trucking company reality shows, etc. on it.

In other words, ONLY; F1, WRC, WTCC, DTM, BTCC, ALL U.S. based road racing, ALL Ozzie racing (including those insane AFJSA 'rally boats'), all of the Isle Of Man speed events (TT, Manx Rally, etc.), Andros Series Ice Racing, Brit and Euro Rally Championships, Swedish F Body road racing series, etc.

But then I guess that just would not fly with the general U.S. motorsports watching public, would it?
frown.gif

Hey! I like tractor pulls. Where else can you see 12,000 horsepower working at maximum thunder right in front of you?
Maybe it's an acquired taste.

Originally Posted By: Jim Spahr
Like I said, the coverage is pretty good for the first time out in a complex sport,

That's because NBC had the good sense to hire Speed's entire F1 crew at the end of last year. Now they're messing it up by playing Russian Roulette with what channel and time they actually broadcast the races on. NBC network? CNBC? MSNBC? NBC Sports Network?

I missed the German GP because my usual sports channel that carries the F1 races live (TSN) transferred the broadcast to their sister station (TSN2) which I used to get but has been dropped from my cable bundle of stations. If I want that one channel it will cost me $35/month more.

Anyway, is there a reliable way to watch certain races live on the internet or even a delayed or historical broadcasts?
I have found some feeds of sporting events but it doesn't always work, at least not with mu limited internet skills.

I echo Jim's complaints. Up here, TSN is the choice for Formula 1 broadcasts, with occasional juggling of stations for rebroadcasts. Speed used to show the rebroadcasts, but not any longer. NBC shows some of the races, but not others. I wondered why, but his mention of CNBC must be the reason, and searching on the satellite box would indicate I don't get CNBC, or, at the very least, the F1 stuff is blacked out up here on that station.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back