Just finished ARX cleaning phase

Status
Not open for further replies.
And have a couple of questions.

1. Does an Oilguard bypass filter alter the cleaning results or rather the look of the oil? I had a total of 4500 miles on the oil (2500 with ARX) and the oil was not that dark even for a diesel. Most of the mileage was pulling two trailers of 18K at 60mph in the heat of the day. That is good right. The full flow (fleetguard) and Oilguard were changed yeasterday with Shell Rotella T dino put back in for rinse.

2. If the rinse oil does not turn black or get dirty, should I change everything out again at 2000 miles? The reason for this question is the fact that I looked down the fill hole with a flashlight and there is not a trase of varnish and NO sludge. It is bright and clean; looks new. This is a 98 24V Dodge with 130K. I normally use Rotella T 5w40 syunthetic.

A-Rx cannot clean that which was not dirty. That's my thinking.
dunno.gif

Please follow application instructions. Rinse oil will be dirty, filter will be also. As said many times all contaminants cleaned during this phase of Auto-Rx application are laying on your parts waiting to be rinsed off. Please post when your done. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back