B-12 Chemtool Total Combustion System Cleaning Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a fancy kit to sell chemtool. Buy some chemtool and dump it in your plug holes. Easiest route and much better than seafoam.

I just depressurize the fuel pump by pulling the fuse and cranking until the car dies, pour in a couple of ounces in each hole, let it sit a few minutes, crank the car, put the fuel pump fuse back in, and crank again.

Plug holes? I thought this product got sucked into the intake of a running engine through a vacuum hose, similar to using seafoam.

^I've heard of it being used that way also, but I've also heard of using it through the plug holes.

Thanks for the details BrianWC. May try that after some more research and I feel more confident.

That all depends on the orientation of your fuel filter. I got the method of pouring down the plug holes from a DSM site several years back. It always worked for me. Having a turbo, it seemed easier.

Speaking of depressurizing the fuel pump, I’ve wondered about disconnecting the filter, draining it, and then filling it with the additive. Reconnect it, and start the engine. You’d get a quick blast of the additive. Would it be worth it?

Did anyone notice the new packaging for B12? Touting how it can improve gas mileage.

Eh, doesn't matter to me, I will still use the stuff.

It can increase gas mileage by decarbonization. Plus, I've found the higher octane I have, the better my mileage.

Still, it's mainly alcohols, aromatics, MEK and acetone. I'd go with the cheaper stuff. The big difference seems to be xylene is the main ingredient in the FI Cleaner where toluene is the main mojo in the regular B-12

kang

I just used the kit at 60k with my 03 nissan sentra 1.8. This was the first time I used somthing like this on this car, the others were down the gas tank. The engine is running much smoother! I believe I ordered it from Midway auto supplies. I paid almost the same price on shipment as much as I paid for it . I am also doing an Auto RX cycle right now.

I bought the lit on sale at Oreily Auto for $5 two years ago. It worked well. I have not seen it since then.

I still have the hose device. It mixes air with the solvent as it is sucked by the vac line. I use it when I seafoam vehicles.

Jcrow and Islandvic,

Great info, thanks. I wanted to hear frist hand from some people who have used it. I’m glad you both had good experiences with it. And I like the idea of the hose device that mixes air with the solvent. Less chance of hydrolock that way. That's good info too.

BrianWC,
This product has some sort of “surfactant” in it. I wonder if that helps some how? Would the surfactant help the product to stick to the surfaces in the combustion chamber, so that the solvent has more time to react?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back