Another Auto-RX question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked up on the Auto-RX website, as well as the past posts about using Auto-RX with transmissions, differentials, and power steering systems, and I see nothing stating that synthetics will interfere with the Auto-RX's cleaning capabilities. For engine oils, it appears that synthetics do interfere with Auto-RX (or at least on the rinse phase) but has there been any proof that synthetic ATF or gear lubes will interfere with Auto-RX?

I cannot speak for the transmission end of it, but the rhetoric I heard on the ARX message board was that originally the mileage duration was 750. As oils slowly changed to where what was dino and what was synth got blurred (or perhaps additive technologies advanced
dunno.gif
), that number was doubled to 1500. I guess that allowed time for the additives to stop competing for the same turf as A-Rx.

Thanks Gary, that makes sense to me, I'll use 1,500 miles for the duration and drain it. Correct me on this, but there is no need for a rinse phase, right?

ConfederateTyrant,

Automatic & Manual Transmissions as well as Differentials are sealed units and not subject to contaminants (other than dirt) Thats why there is no need for a rinse cycle Oil is not the factor it would be in engines where you have byproducts such as carbon etc,etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back