Water as fuel video,what do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was amazing. However, the chemical structure of H-H-O is impossible since hydrogen only has one binding point. What I'm guessing he is doing is simply turning HOH into HO H and burning the H, normal electrolysis. Or he is turning the H2O into some sort of water plasma gas. Either way, it's cool, but I want some science behind it.

quote:

Originally posted by Dominic:
That was amazing. However, the chemical structure of H-H-O is impossible since hydrogen only has one binding point. What I'm guessing he is doing is simply turning HOH into HO H and burning the H, normal electrolysis. Or he is turning the H2O into some sort of water plasma gas. Either way, it's cool, but I want some science behind it.

It is probably not a scientific name for it.

Guys he said he's just using "water and electricity", and somehow FOX turned this into an amazing water torch.

He's using electrolysis to break water down into hydrogen and oxygen, and using it like an oxy-acetylene torch. The only byproduct of combustion is water and heat since there's no carbon or nitrogen to produce COx or NOx.

It's certainly no miracle, and it's not new science.

Craig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back