BG MOA B.S.?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was discussing BG Products and their ATF with someone and decided to take a look at their website...

Does their descriptions and test comparisons seem fishy to you guys too?

BG MOA®
BG MOA® prevents oxidation and thickening of engine oil under even the most severe stop-and-go, high temperature driving conditions. It fortifies all qualities of engine oil to provide superior long-lasting engine protection and helps maintain optimum engine performance. BG MOA® keeps piston ring belts, hydraulic lifters and other engine components clean to help extend engine life and reduce costs of operation. It is compatible with both synthetic and petroleum-base oils.
The Thin Film Oxidation Uptake Test (TFOUT), ASTM Test Method D4742, proves BG MOA’s remarkable resistance to oxidation by more than 200% longer than six major brands of SL quality oil. At the conclusion of the API Sequence IIIF Engine Test‚ a major brand, high-quality reference oil barely passed the 80-hour test with a viscosity increase of 255 percent. At 80 hours, another brand of oil fortified with BG MOA® had a viscosity increase of only 57 percent. At the conclusion of the triple-length, 240-hour test, it was still well within the viscosity limits with an increase of only 198 percent.
Part No. 110 11 oz. (325 mL) can

This is what I wrote to him...

I'd respect them more if they just said "It's stuff you pour into your engine".

...but they go on about the TFOUT Test, claiming how much better it does than MOTOR OILS. Hello, it's a super-concentrated ADDITIVE and THICKENER with add levels that far exceed what is allowed in the API SL MOTOR OILS it's compared to. They sould compare it to other oil additives and boosters, not strait SL motor oil. Jeesh.
They go on to explain that "a" brand of oil barely passes the ASTM test (like it is supposed to) while ANOTHER brand of oil with MOA did slightly better. (+198% vs +255%) Umm, a DIFFERENT BRAND of oil??? Not exactly apples to apples. Another point of contention would be the apparent lack of any API certs on their motor oil or diesel-ratings on their (supposed) HDEO.

I don't want to spend all night on this, but you get the idea. Their lack of MSDS info is also troubling. Hard to glean any further info if they do not provide basic Material Safety Data Sheets. I would not trust their "Universal" ATF any more their I trust their solvent flush or oil additive which both correctly compare to STP and Kerosene.

dunno.gif
??????????????????????????????????
dunno.gif

quote:

prevents oxidation and thickening of engine oil under even the most severe stop-and-go, high temperature driving conditions. It fortifies all qualities of engine oil to provide superior long-lasting engine protection and helps maintain optimum engine performance.

Tell me if I'm wrong but doesn't LC20 do the same thing for 1/10th the price.
dunno.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back